Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day Nuggets:: Dabble

I'm having a morning when I wish I had a "normal" job.  You know, out the door by 8, coffee and shoulder bag in hand.  Knowing mostly what to expect, no surprises, nothing too exciting either.  This job of mine has been taking a toll on me lately and I can't seem to find a way to shake it.

I'm realizing part of my issue is my tendency to dabble.  I feel like parenting has given me ADD.  A little of this here, a little of that there,  a whole lot of NOT finishing things, leaving stuff undone, messes and disorganization.  I feel like I'm losing my mind lately.

And to make it worse? the girls have been great.  We seem to keep turning corners with Ainsley, Louise too.  They play so well together, talk out problems, give kisses and hugs freely.  Louise is over the top adorable these days.  Saying new words just about every minute ("coffee" was the standout this morning), being the sweetest pie ever created, and approaching everything in life with eagerness and glee.   And Ainsley May?, goodness gracious.  She's suddenly so old, so able and big girl and helpful and SWEET.  I think I've been in shock for three solid days.  She's been absolutely wonderful.

::sneak around the corner shot of my girls playing birthday party together, they worked for 10 minutes building this cake, walked hand in hand to me with it singing happy birthday mama, my heart exploded in my chest and my eyes welled, I'm so proud of them::


When they're at their best I feel like I REALLY need to be at mine, to capitalize on fun, take advantage of good moods.  Why does life so seldom work out that way?

So instead of being terribly pro active, I've become quiet contemplative this last few days.  Spending my quiet time searching for inspiration (there it is again) and my own parenting voice.  As usual it's a work in progress but I'm determined to find it.

Nuggets::

Of course our first full week back in good health finds us with cold winter weather and a break in playschool between sessions.  We've rekindled our love for the library and playdates, and of course musikgarten is always the highlight of our week.

::cake balls and play with Gigi::


Nuggets::

  Getting out of our sicky in house watching way too many shows groove, and back into playing and crafting and creativity.  Loving it.
::twirling with lamby::


I was recently inspired by an apartmenttherapy.com post about a playroom with Waldessori (montessori/waldorf) features.  While I'm not fully on board the montessori bandwagon I do think the idea for quiet, structured, task based work has it's place in learning and I found a few new fun ideas in my search.
::flower arranging::
for the price of one large bunch of flowers and two tulip plants at Trader Joes (a total of less than $10) we had a full morning of creativeness and care taking...it was delightful, and now that the tulips are in bloom?  Our house is all abuzz





Other "waldessori" inspired activities?  Reinstating toddler help around this house with folding laundry, setting the table, sweeping and tidying.  It's amazing how much both of my girls love to help, especially Ainsley.  I'm loving this new inspiration and a few little girls I know may be surprised to find some quality toddler sized cleaning apparatuses in their easter baskets (dusters and carpet sweepers anyone? :o)

::homemade window clings::
a poor photo I know, but you get the idea! ainsley and I made these with puffy paint and sheet protectors, such an easy and satisfying craft, and they play with them, moving them to and fro, all day long!


::gingerbread garland::
so the garland may not be in tact yet, but the pieces are made and frosted, what fun we had mixing and cutting, baking and decorating (and of course nibbling)



::new playspace::
there's nothing like a little rearranging to get a fresh start, now our basement has much more room to move and run and swing! and for daddy to snooze all the while if need be::


 ::new and old loves::
A Child's Garden of Verses is a new favorite, coloring and Yaweez?  tried and true


Now I'm off to contemplate some more while my girls snooze away this cloudy afternoon after a long full morning.  Happy Hump Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.