Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The "normal" stuff

Things have continued to look up over the past few days. While I'm getting progressively larger, thus more sore and uncomfortable, contractions have subsided significantly and the ones I do have are very mild and sporadic. I've been able to sleep pretty well, impressive as all I'm doing is laying around all day, and my appetite is definitely back (so much so that I'm a bit nervous to get on the scale on Friday...whoops!)

As the days, and now weeks, go on I find myself returning to a more "normal" state of mind about this pregnancy, including all of the normal worries, excitements, and joys.

I'm going to be giving birth again soon...WHAT?! I've come to the realization that the bliss of the first baby is not knowing what you're getting yourself into. I know this time and I must admit it's making me a bit nervous. At the same time I know what comes after all that pain and it is the most glorious, wonderful experience in the world, meeting your child for the first time. I can't wait.

I also can't wait to nurse again, even if it means waking up to a soaked through shirt some nights, an aching chest and frequent wake up calls in the night (for as sassafras-tic as Ainsley is she's a champ sleeper and Ian and I have gotten used to a full nights sleep). I miss that special time that I had with Ainsley, just the two of us, snuggling close. I can't wait.

I've started to really envision our family of three becoming a family of four. One more body in bed in the morning, as Ainsley's taken to snuggling again just after she just wakes up. A new personality around this house, I can't wait to see who this little girl is going to be.

I'm excited to see Ainsley as a big sister and Ian as a new dad all over again. I will never forget the look on his face when Ainsley came into this world. I've never loved him more.

I've also been trying to really soak in these past few weeks with Ainsley. It's excruciating anyways not being able to pick her up or snuggle much, but knowing that these are the last weeks of just her as our baby make it that much more difficult. Her world is going to change in a few weeks and there's no way I can explain to her that we still love her as much as always and she'll always be our baby. I think she's going to be great. She is becoming such a big girl and I love watching her grow.

Family has always been the most important thing to Ian and I and I can't believe sometimes that we have been blessed with one beautiful daughter and are about to welcome another. It is truly amazing.

2 comments:

  1. reading your post gave me chills. I'm so excited for your growing family. and i'm so happy you have made it this far! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally teared up (not a big surprise for me at this point. I'll cry at anything). Also, I'm starting to get these horrifying glimpses into the life of actually being a mom (milk-soaked t-shirts, getting up 8 times a night ...). I'm still excited, but I feel like I'm gearing up for something I have absolutely no training for. Oh well! Here we go! Good luck in the next few weeks, Becks.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.