Saturday, August 28, 2010

Heading Home


Today I checked out of the hospital. It was a tough decision to leave Louise, but until her breathing slows and she can breastfeed all I could do was sit by her side every few hours. I've also been an emotional mess, unable to eat or sleep so going home was important for my health too. It was wonderful to see my mom and Ainsley and I'll be heading back to the hospital in a few hours to drop off some more milk I've pumped and to see my sweet girl. She is starting to really improve. Her breathing is slowing, all of her bloodwork is normal and her supplemental oxygen continues to be lowered as she becomes less dependent on it. She is opening her eyes more and more, rooting like crazy and loving her pacifier. I can't wait to feed that hungry tummy of hers. Hopefully early tomorrow. The latest prediction/hope is that she'll be coming home late on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers as her little body works and rests to get healthy so she can come home. Thank you for all of the support!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky- I am so sorry you have been a mess. You are in my prayers. Glad things are looking up for your new little one though. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Becky! Prayers for you and Ian and hope for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.