Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ants in My Pants

I am SO bored. A feeling I have not experienced in, how old is Ainsley? approximately 20 months.

I have been feeling pretty good, and increasingly confident that we're going to make it full term so I made the grave mistake of sitting up too much the past few days (yes sitting, not running, doing yoga, lifting heavy objects, but sitting) and I'm paying for it now, big time.

I seriously don't think I've ever been this sore in my life. Ok, maybe that first day after giving birth was worse, but I'm not joking, it's bad.

Thankfully I got my last order of yarn in the mail yesterday which at least got me motivated for a while to start some new projects (the christmas stockings are going by the wayside for the time being) but now I've knit straight for the past 24 hours and my hands are all cramped up. I've also started waking up really early (4:00am yesterday and 5:30 this morning) which means more hours in the day to fill with...NOTHING!

I at least put my sitting up time to good use. I finally made the three animal silhouette wall hangings for the baby's room and started cutting out pieces to make her name banner. It's going to be tricky to do this and keep her name a secret from my mom, not to mention while lying down, but I'm determined. My mom got some great stacking baskets for me from the container store this morning and I finished organizing the nursery paraphernalia.

I forgot how much stuff even a tiny little new born needs. I was fitting all of the burp cloths into one basket remembering how much Ainsley used to spit up. I hope, both for her and my wardrobes sake, that this new one isn't a barfer.

I am most excited to use the newborn cloth diapers. As Ainsley's still in the one-sizers we opted to get some newborn ones so both babies could be in cloth. We had bought a few to try out with Ainsley (because she didn't fit into the one sizers until she was 4 months old) but I didn't really get the hang of the whole wash and wear cycle until she was a good 2 months old. I'm excited to use these ones right from the get go.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and look every day of it. I am always surprised when I see myself in the mirror. My belly is HUGE. I'll try and get a new photo up in the next couple of days.

I have an appointment with the midwives on Monday where we get to discuss the birthplan. I'm excited at the prospect of getting to plan something for the birth rather than show up in a panic weeks earlier than expected and pray for the best. It's really more of a formality than anything. All I remember from Ainsley's is "no drugs please, I want the tub, let me hold her right away, no goo on her eyes after she's born, keep her in our room, not the nursery". I'm loving all of this low-keyness almost within my grasp. 8 days until it's all a reality! I'm really hoping it flies by.

2 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like you remembered a LOT with Ainsley...far more than a lot of other people I know.
    Have you ever seen "The Business of Being Born"? It's a MOST excellent documentary and in less than 2 hours convinced my husband that I was right about the kind of birth I want when we have kids.
    Come to think of it, it's probably not the best thing to watch right now for you...but maybe several months from now when this whole thing has faded into memory. You know, with all that free time you'll have several months from now (ha!) I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix Watch Instantly if you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and enjoy these last days of being bored. They will be over before you know it. Holding that little bundle will make definitely make all the boredom worth it.
    I would agree that cloth took a little while to get used to. We waited until Maizie's umbilical cord fell off. Next time around I want to start right away. Have fun washing all those itty bitty diapers!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.