Wednesday, August 25, 2010

0-2

I had false labor AGAIN this morning. From 4:30am until about 8 I had pretty regular moderately painful contractions that were 5-7 minutes apart. After eating some breakfast and giving in to laying down again they went away. I'm 0-2 I guess.

While I am definitely excited to "get the party started" and have this baby I'd still rather she hang on a bit longer. I really don't want to have her labeled premature, even though the midwife at my appointment Monday assured me that since I'm SO close to full term they'd probably consider me and the baby as such. Just for my piece of mind though after all we've been through, I want to carry this baby to at least 37 FULL weeks, 38 would be even better. I mean who doesn't want a little cute baby chub on their newborn?

My mom and I are making big plans for Friday, Full Term Day! I'm thinking lunch out somewhere and maybe even an errand and a walk up the block to witness Ainsley and her new obsession, trains!

I love that Ainsley can be such a girly girl, (she LOVES clothes, makeup, shoes, looking at herself in the mirror and playing with her dolls - she now insists that they are dolls, not babies) and at the same time is into a lot of more traditionally "boy" things like cars, sirens, horns, and TRAINS! I may have to look into a train set for her for Christmas?

Back to the baby coming...

My biggest hurdle is still going to be just getting back into any semblance of shape. I get so sore from even the slightest activity and am really worried about the recovery from birth. I am hoping to be able to do at least a little of some of my yoga videos and some walking before the baby comes. Just being upright is difficult. I have been getting some bad headaches from finally sitting up more.

I'll keep posting as new news arises. Hopefully things will stay pretty status quo for at least a few more days!

2 comments:

  1. You get her the train set... I'll get her the sassy high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew that she would be born the next day :) congrats!!! can't wait to see pics of the little peanut!!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.