Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Humpday Nuggets

Ahh Wednesday. It used to be one of my favorite days (remember nuggets a time ago?).  Now it's the day Ainsley gets out of school an hour early, the halfway point in a long busy week.  It's still good, just different.

For starters I now have NO alone time in the mornings, for the first time in years.  I'm re-learning how to do things with a tiny rambunctious toddler underfoot. It feels so long ago that I had one of those in the house, probably because Louise really wasn't a rambunctious toddler, so since Ainsley it's been about 4 years!

After getting some errands done Monday and Tuesday Felix and I used our time this morning indoors.  I did laundry, we baked muffins and roasted nuts, we danced.  He mimicked me while I did a few exercises.  We sang along to a new kids CD we were given at Oak Park's Halloween parade this past weekend.  It was a good morning.  It's been a good week.  Really all of fall has been great.  I kind of feel like I'm waiting for the ball to drop (or whatever that phrase is, you know what I mean!)

Halloween has gotten me in holiday mode.  Our house is all decorated, my mind is already spinning with plans for the holidays to come.  I feel excited but relaxed.  I wish I had all this knowledge and zen a few years ago with the kids!




We carved pumpkin this weekend, in our backyard!  I do like my cool fall days but those three sunny warm ones this weekend were wonderful.  We definitely took advantage.  I got wise and sprayed the pumpkins with some homemade bug spray this year and so far the squirrels haven't had one nibble!

I stayed up a bit late last night to finish this for Felix.






Just in time too!  His adorable purple Patagonia fleece is just this side of too small.  This knit was super simple but the basket weave border makes it look a bit more finished.  I love it.  He's so dang cute in it. (And it's real wool, it's WARM).

This past week I helped a neighbor friend make Elsa and Anna costume for her daughters and it's help to ignite my sewing a bit again.  I found some fun upholstery fabric while out last week and made two simple pillows and the one below, to cover the ones the kids have all put ruined.  The one below is pieced together with remnants of corduroy and a cashmere sweater I found at a thrift shop.  It's SO comfortable and snuggly.


I'm finally making that delicious squash soup for dinner tonight.  It's simmering on the stove as we speak and the house smells amazing.
I hate having to wake Felix up from his nap on Wednesdays to get Ainsley.  Poor third child.
Today we play with friends after school and I'm taking the girls to a Halloween story time at Ainsley's school tonight.  Tomorrow is Louise's Halloween party at school and gymnastics.  Friday is Ainsley's Halloween party and well, Halloween!
We hardly have any plans for the weekend and I'm glad.  Ian doesn't know this yet, but I'm secretly hoping to talk him into a run to IKEA this weekend to get a new bookcase for the girls' room (and probably at least 10 other things, lets be serious).  Or maybe we'll paint our bedroom?
I'm in a spruce up mode in our home right now and once the bug hits I try to go with it!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week!  Happy Halloween!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.