Monday, October 27, 2014

Food This Week (10/27)

Last week was a good eating week.  I made this apple strudel cheesecake with homemade caramel sauce extravaganza on Friday (because you know, we were looking for something to do so why not) and it's one of the best desserts I've ever made.  We still have some in the fridge.  Yum.
We ate too much yesterday and got take out last night so this week I'm mostly just using things up from the freezer, plus we have our awesome Halloween block party on Friday after trick or treating with chili and desserts so that's pretty much the only cooking I plan on doing.


Maple glazed pork tenderloin with potatoes and green beans

Two kinds of veggie burgers and sweet potato fries

leftover bolognese and salad and rolls

sloppy joes with corn and baked beans

spinach and bacon quiche

Pumpkin Black Bean chili, homemade mac and cheese, and oatmeal bars (for the block party)

I am very thankful for a stocked freezer this week, though I still managed to spend $90 on groceries.  It's amazing the amount of fresh produce, dairy, snacks etc. we go through in a week these days.
What's on your menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.