Monday, October 20, 2014

Food This Week (10/20)

I'm still thick in the I love fall! zone of meal planning.  It's made life so much easier to be excited about what I'm making, plus I've been slowing stocking the fridge after large meals or double portions of things so I'm feeling much more comfortable knowing we have back ups if I lose my zeal some night.  Yes!

Lentils and Polenta (my awesome neighbor brought over a bath of her famous lentils,  she serves them every block party with delicious creamy polenta. I can't wait to scarf them tonight!)

Bolognese and Salad (I never made it last week so we still have the meat in the freezer)

Squash Soup and Ciabatta rolls (also never made it to the table.  Yay for family being in town and delicious take out!)

Mini Cheese Tortellini and Chicken Sausage bake with Peas and Carrots (I wanted something I could give to Ainsley for lunches at school, she likes a good home hot lunch every so often)


Spinach and Baby Greens Frittata (somehow frittatas have become my "thing".  We eat at least 3 a month.  Yum)

This week I also need to restock on homemade snacks so we're going to pump out some muffins and roasted nuts here in the next few days.  The last batch of muffins lasted us almost a whole month. I just pulled them one at a time from the freezer when we needed them.  
Oh, and Saturday I made snickerdoodles, and there are two left.  If you're looking for a good cookie cook book This One has absolutely never failed me.  Best recipes ever.

Happy Cooking this week!








No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.