Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Fun

















Life just keeps chugging along over here.  It's crazy to me that it's already October.  The girls' Halloween costumes are all sewn and waiting, now just to figure out how to concoct Felix's.  It's tricky when the girls have such specific visions!
My moorings keep changing.  Now Felix is off his morning nap so I keep him up until we pick up Louise.  IT was an adjustment at first and I sure missed those morning hours to myself but I am loving time alone with mhy little guy.  We go to toddler parks and story times just for him, play in the house, read books (his favorite!), just enjoy a bit of relative quiet.  When Louise joins us and it's just the two of them, oh boy, the sweetness!  Those two are such pals.  She's always been so sweet with him but now that he can reciprocate her love it's even better.  He finds her to hug her and kiss her all day long.  IT's so precious.
Louise is growing so much.  She takes such good care of everyone and is the first to notice when something needs doing.  I have been battling with the thought of sending her to kindergarten next year and it's as if the universe is slowly nudging me.  It's breaking my heart a bit, but so wonderful to see her growing.
Ainsley still LOVES school.  I was able to go on a small field trip with her class today to the local library.  It was so fun to meet them at school and walk up together.  She was so sweet, wanting to hold my hand and sit with me the whole time.  I love that my big girl still needs me lots.  I sure miss her while she's gone all day.
We're still making the most of our afternoons.  I feel like I'm going against the grain by opting out of rambunctious parks and activities in the afternoons but I so cherish our family time and now that Ainsley's gone all day it's our only time together.  This weekend we made some fun wreathes with leaves from leaves we'd collected on walks.  Yesterday we made pumpkin bread and played a jack-o-lantern dice game and made a big haunted house math game.  The girls LOVED the haunted house.
Today I'm hoping for a fun art project and a nature walk. It's gorgeous out.
I'm almost finished with Ainsley's sweater and hoping to get lots of knitting done on our trip to Minnesota this weekend.  Ainsley has a four day weekend for school so we're taking advantage and getting a quick trip in.  We're hoping to go again for Thanksgiving to meet our new sweetie nephew/cousin Rory (Julie and Sim's son!) so we'll get lots of Minnesota time in this fall.  I'm excited.  I miss it!
I hope you all are having a great start to October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.