Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Festivities and Advent and All Kinds of Fun

This weekend was exactly what I needed.

I woke up on Saturday feeling totally refreshed, a bit odd after a long holiday week and an extra day of work thanks to Ian's extra day of work.  Still I took it, took full advantage for once.  I told Ian to get out of the house by himself, take advantage of my good mood!  please! So he did.  Us adults all need a little alone down time.  Most always it's him giving it to me.  I was happy to oblige him for once.

The girls and I rolled out cookies and baked while Felix slept.  In no time 8 dozen were cooling, ready to be decorated for their fun raiser at school.  Then Ian came home and Felix was still sleeping so I told him to go ahead and take the girls to get out Christmas tree?  Without you?  Are you serious? I was serious.  I'm just so big and grown up these days.  I can be reasonable and practical when I need to be! (sometimes).

So they went and picked out the most perfectly little dumpling of a tree and we spent the afternoon adorning it.  Ainsley and Louise had every ormanet hung in about 15 minutes.  We admired our work, brought the rest of the decorations up and set those up too.  Then we were ansty, so I took ainsley on a run up to the park.  We did 4 laps, aout a mile.  She started off SO fast and melted to the pavement about 3/4 of the way around the first lap.  I'm trying to teach her about pacing.  It's a very difficult concept for a 4 year old.  She stuck it out though and we jogged it in together.  Then the weather was so mild and nice we decided to hang our outdoor lights.  Louise joined us and we all had a blast checking bulbs and hanging strands on our fence and trees and bushes.





Then we came in and Ian made dinner.  Two boxes of macaroni and spicy sausages.  I love meals I don't have to cook.  Then the girls were tired and I was excited to turn those cuts photos I got from tree decorating into some official Christmas cards.  So I did that and had a glass of wine.  Ian and I watched two episodes of Big Bang.  We went to bed.  I woke up in the middle of the night panicked that I'd ordered the wrong size of card.  I think I did.  I think they're going to be huge.  Oh well.  Small stuff right?

Then Sunday?  Sunday we were all pretty tired.  But church and Indian buffet and Frozen with my cures cured any of that.  We LOVED Frozen.  I teared up twice.  It was the perfect movie to take my two sweet girls to and I'd recommend it to anyone.  It wasn't too sad or scary, just right, with a wonderful message of what true love is (hint/spoiler...it's NOT a prince's kiss!).  I loved it.

And now it's Monday and there's lots to do this week.  More cookies to bake and decorate, the last few gifts to buy, a fairy pirate party to plan, doctors appointments, and always three little people to love and entertain.  I hope this momentum keeps up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.