Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Few Thoughts

I'm having one of those shouldbedoingsomanythingsinsteadImparalyzedwithindecisivness mornings.  So I'll work through it on here a bit and get to it afterwards.

Louise was sad at drop off this morning. I'm pretty sure my fog has rubbed off on her.  I'm so glad for her teachers and friends.  I think they're better for her this morning than I am.

Felix has started babbling.  His first babbles?  MAMAMAMAMAMAMA.  :o)

I exploded last night at 11:30pm after listening to Felix cry for 45 minutes.  Poor sleep deprived Ian was the one holding it together for me.  Any rationality I've had about our sweet baby and his sleeping problems has left me.  I'm needing to find a new zen about the whole thing.  I'm searching hard for it today.

Ainsley's birthday party is two days away.  We are all so excited.  I LOVE having parties at home.  Even if it means way more prep and cleaning, I think it also means so much more fun.  We have crafts and games and fun planned to the T.  I can't wait.

We're getting a real winter here in Chicago and I'm loving it.  A solid 3-4 inches of snow on the ground.  Winter walks all bundled with my girls and hot cocoa or tea most every day.  Now if only there were more sledding hills in Oak Park.  We can't wait for our Minnesota Christmas for some good sledding!!!! And lots of other reasons too.

I'm officially done with Christmas shopping (not making!).  It's feeling so good to wrap it all up and tuck it away.  Somehow it always works out doesn't it?  I am so excited about so many different gifts this year.

I am current devouring The Goldfinch a novel by Dona Tartt.  IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!!

I am afraid I won't finish Ian's sweater vest in time for Christmas.  I'm banking on those driving hours to Minnesota to get lots done.  I was hoping to have time to make Felix a matching one.  Now I'm doubtful.

Ah, lots to do today.  I best get going.  I think what I REALLY need is a good run.  Perhaps some yoga with my girls later or crazy dancing for 20 minutes will do the trick?  I sure hope so.  Happy Thursday to you all!


2 comments:

  1. Poor Felix and poor you! I hope you are able to find a solution that works for you both. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taryn. I am definitely stumped. Thankfully he's a happy guy otherwise and seems to be getting the sleep he needs one way or another. It's mainly that first wake up that's killing me. Litereally RIGHT as I fall asleep every night he wakes up screaming. WE've tried everything! I think its just about waiting out now I guess. We keep joking that he's making sure he's our last baby :o).
    I hope you are well! and that sweet Georgia, she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.