Saturday, December 14, 2013

Favorite Gifts This Year

For some reason the type A side of me likes these gift lists.  So bear with me.

We gave Ainsley most of her birthday presents this evening after her birthday party.  We did this last year and really liked it.  It gives her a chance to spread the love out a bit and a little more time to savor it all.

Her favorites?

Rush Hour
We've played 3 rounds since she opened it at 6:30pm.  The recommended age is 8+ but she's doing great at it, needing very little help and LOVING all the thinking and planning it requires.  It's an amazing game.

Race to the Treasure
Ainsley got this from a friend this morning and we've played it twice so far.  It's a very intuitive cooperative game, fast paced and fun.  I think Louise could even play this with us.  I LOVE cooperative games.  Anything that cuts down on the you win you lose aspect is great by me.

Lands End Shirts and Carters Leggings

I don't have links to these because I bought these clothes a while back but I am so excited about the two new outfits I got for Ainsley.  Lands End makes really nice quality shirts that fit my long and lean girl so well.  ALL of Ainsley's pants are too short (again!) so I bought her a pair of 5/6 corduroys this fall that she wears all the time and her two new size 6 leggings from Carters fit perfectly with some room to grow.  Plus these two stores always have amazing deals (and this coming from a thrift shop addict, so you know it must be good!).

Carters in general

I did a big order from here on black Friday for lots of the kids stocking stuffers.  In my opinion they have the best little kids underpants, socks, and accessories for really good prices.  With two little girls right in a row I like finding things

Rubens Barn Doll
This is Ainsley's big gift for her birthday (she'll be getting it on her actual birthday so she hasn't received it yet) and I anticipate it will be a big hit.  She is so very into that nurturing phase of play right now and her little light dolls just don't seem to be cutting it.  I noticed the size issue when she discarded her beloved Lambie and Jill for her larger stuffed toys.  These dolls are large (18") and soft and weighted to feel like a real baby.  They are pricey, but I found a great coupon and went for it.  I'm hoping this will be her DOLL, you know, the one she keeps forever, that she won't outgrow in a few months.  I'm so very excited to sew clothes and accessories with her this winter.

Make Your Own Board Game
I know I've mentioned bare books.com before, but if this site is new to you PLEASE visit it and ENJOY!  I always have a box of their books in our basement now, whether for last minutes gifts to give or for writing books or sketchbooks for the girls.  They are so inexpensive and amazing.  This last order I decided to try out their blank game boards and I am thrilled with Ainsley's  She's started making up her own games with pieces of other games and paper and thought that this would be such a fun activity for us this winter.  I'm excited to see what she comes up with!

Now Onto the Others....

Felix's Sweater Romper
I am absolutely in love with this cotton one piece.  I got it on a black Friday Sale and I have a feeling he'll be wearing it every other day all winter long.  It's adorable, so soft, and so warm for this cold wirer we're having.  Worth every penny (and Ian wishes it came in his size...me too).

Mr. Wuffles and Journey
These are the two picture books I bought for the girls recommend by NPR.  I got them in the mail last week and am so excited about them.  They are both wordless books which I LOVE for their ages, especially for Louise's age.  She so loves looking at pictures and making up her own stories, and they love when we "read" them, a bit different each time.  These two books are so different by each magnificent.  I'm thrilled!

There's more, but that' all for now I think.  I'll post more as I think of them.  I hope you all are enjoying these last days of preparing and joy.  We're full in Christmas mode here and I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.