Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Meal Plan:: August Sixth

Oh goodness summer.  I feel done with you in so many ways but cooking and you?  Oh boy, we're struggling.  Thankfully this week is finally comfortable without the AC, windows are wide open and I don't mind turning on that old gas stove every now and again.  I'll conquer you yet!

Breakfasts::
Oatmeal with brown sugar, cream and berries
Cracklin' Oat Bran (I forgot how much I love this stuff, brings me back to college)

Lunches::
Ham (or Turkey) with monteray jack, heirloom tomatoes and red leaf lettuce
Greek Pasta Salad (leftover from dinner)
Minestrone, (leftover from dinner)


Dinners::
Greek Pasta Salad with Cheddar Wursts (for as much as I steer clear of over processed foods, I will never be without a good cheddar wurst a few times a summer...MMMMM!)
Minestrone, baguette and goat cheese

Ham and Cheese Omlettes with fruit salad
TJs pepperoni pizza and summer salad
Chicken Spaghetti and summer salad (leftover from this weekend, SOOOO good)
Black Bean and Pork Tenderloin chili (with corn and tortilla chips)
Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice and Peas (leftover from last weekend, frozen)

Desserts::
Summer Peach Cake with Whipped Cream (and yes, it's TOTALLY worth the effort)
Berry Cream Cheese Pie (I've made this with frozen mixed berries, and fresh black and blueberries, any way you slice it :o) it's DELICIOUS)
you know I had to with all that fresh picked orchard goodness

So the name of the game this week was stock up and freeze.  Making big whole casseroles, large pasta salads and buckets of soup.  Even in the summer heat it's the most economical way to cook and will stock Ian up for our week away next week.  There's enough "summer" stuff in there to remind me of   the season, but enough of my old standbys to keep it comfortable and easy in the kitchen.  Ahhh, FINALLY!

Oh, total budget:: about $120 (I say about because we bought the produce at the orchard in addition to all those perennials and some of the extras at Target with a few other things and I have yet to do the exact math...still good!)

1 comment:

  1. Alright, you've inspired me. I've got a freezer calling out to be filled!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.