Monday, March 5, 2012

Meal Plan 3-5

Ooh last week went well.  I didn't end up spending ANY more money and we still have leftovers to work with this week.  Yay!

On to this week.

Dinners::

Birds in a Nest (rachel rays recipe)
Turkey Noodle Soup (homemade frozen from WAY back)
Chili and Cornbread (mama's recipe, TJs boxed cornbread mix)
Leftover Bolognese (oh it was good)
Beef Stew and Mashed Potatoes (Tyler Florence's recipe, we're getting fancy for a friend's visit Friday)
Cheese and Leek Quiche (TJs has frozen sliced leeks!  they've changed my life)
TJs birds nests and chicken spring rolls OR pasta carbonara (I like having options)

Lunches::
egg salad, PB&Js with fresh raspberry jam (or cream cheese and jam, Ainsley's favorite), grilled cheese, yogurt, lots of fruit and dipping veggies

Breakfasts::
blueberry oatmeal with soymilk, scrambled eggs, whole wheat english muffins and peanut butter, pb puffs cereal and raisin bran

Snacks::
yogurt bars, pretzels, popcorn, dried peaches and cranberries and dates, cheese sticks

Grand Total:: $122

INCLUDING beer for Ian and 2 bottles of good-ish wine (I learned on cooks country this weekend that the best red wine for a beef stew or roast is Cotes Du Rhone, so I'm trying out 2!), and a small flower bundle for each of the girls...it'd been a few weeks since I'd bought them some for their arrangin and their excitement was well worth the $3.99 each :o)

I still have to buy the stew meat (I always buy a chuck roast and cut it up myself, seems to stand up much better to the long cooking!) but we'll still be well under budget.  Good thing because I have a feeling we're going to make up for it and then some in Florida in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.