Monday, March 12, 2012

Meal Plan 3-12

We did really well last week again, well until the weekend hit.  The warm weather and lots of outdoor time made me very reticent to get in the kitchen.  We ended up getting some sandwiches out for lunch on Saturday and Indian for lunch on Sunday.  I made up for it by scrounging around the fridge and making a sweet potato hash topped with fried eggs for dinner Sunday.  Quite good if I do say so myself.  All said and done we spent $37 more, so still on budget, just not under like I'd hoped!
On to this week!

Dinners::
Leftovers (we have LOTS to get rid of before our Florida trip!)
     Beef Stew with mashed potatoes and biscuits
     Bolognese and green beans
     White Bean and Chard Stew
     Chili and corn
Grilled Stuff (because the weather looks GOOD!)
    Grilled Chicken either BBQ or spiced (I buy a whole organic chicken and cut it up) with pasta salad and green beans
    Grilled Irish Bangers with potato salad and asparagus(this is as St Pattys Day as I get!)

Lunch::
   Mini bagels with cream cheese and jam
   Turkey and swiss sandwiches on whole grain bread
   fancy mac and cheese (the delicious frozen kind from TJs...it's Ainsley's absolute favorite)

Breakfasts::
   Blueberry oatmeal with soymilk
   cereal (we have like 6 kinds right now!  MUST whittle down!)
   scrambled eggs and toast
   Liberte yogurt (the BEST yogurt alive)

Total:: $122...I was hoping for less as I'm sure we're going to go over budget next week in Florida no matter how hard we try to stay on track, however I did buy a lot of snacks to take with us so that's one less expense while there.

Travel Snacks::
Freeze dried fruit (the strawberries and mangoes are the girls' favorites)
fruit leather
apple cereal bars
graham crackers - TJs brand, the BEST in my opinion (I like to sandwich them with peanut butter for a little added sustenance on long travel days)
bananas and apples
babybel cheese (these little babies stay cool for hours wrapped in that cute red wax and the girls LOVE them)

So all said and done I think we did well!  I'm excited for a week of cleaning out the fridge and freezer, grilling and picnic-ing and enjoying this great weather before 10 amazing days in the sunshine state!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.