Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hiatus

I would overlook my lame proclamation that I was taking a break from facebook, because a. it lasted all of a few days and b. who cares? but that's just not my style.

In short, I've been struggling with this whole putting-my-life-out-there-for-everyone-to-see-and-comment (or not comment) on-thing. It's a conundrum I tell you. I love sharing our life, what the girls are up to, mostly to keep track of it all for myself and them in the years to come. In part also to share with family and friends that are far too distant most days. But also? To feel a little bit like my old self, connected and social. Most days it's just me and the girls, Ian for a few hours, and brief encounters with other hurried over stressed parents. It's nice to see what people are up to, hear that they listen when I write and post, feel like our lives are felt in circles that aren't just this family, this house, this moment.

But I'm a sensitive gal (no secret there). When I post things, they mean a lot to me. I take things far too personally, read into things that I shouldn't, AGONIZE over what I put out there, how it sounds, what it means. It's exhausting to be this anal.

So I thought for a brief moment that I should stop. I should keep the laptop shut and our lives more private, for my sanity mostly. But really? I love blogging, I love the accessibility of facebook, the ability to stay connected. I'm just quirking how vulnerable I'm able to be, make my family be. In the mean time I'm here, figuring it all out, as per usual.

So bare with me please if I'm more sporadic than normal, if my tone or frequency changes. And please, always feel free to let me know your thoughts. I live for comments and likes and connections....they keep me going.

All my thanks. - Becky




1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I love to hear about your life. Your girls are so adorable. It is fun to see them grown and develop. You are such a great mom and role model. I hope I can be as awesome as you someday.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.