Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Update

The Trip is right around the corner. Bags have been packed and repacked at an anal retentive rate that I didn't know I had in me.

New pool toys and plane entertainments have been purchased (thanks to great grandparents Valentine's money!). Cousin presents are wrapped and stowed away (Happy almost 2nd Birthday Connor!). Abundant sunscreen is tightly packaged (both chemical free and regular in case the chemical free can't stand up to the 85 degree sun we'll be braving). Windbreakers and fleeces are packed (so that we of course won't need them).

I CAN'T WAIT!

I have been so lucky to be able to travel someplace warm during this time of year for most of my life. Generous grandparents and parents have made it possible. The glimpse of 60 degree weather that we had this week gave me a preview of how amazing a little natural vitamin D can be. We could all use a good long week dose.

After finally cracking the case of the wet pants I am head over heels in love with Ainsley once again. She is growing so fast. I'm noticing that suddenly her pants aren't falling down over her tiny little bum and her shirts are almost too short. She's starting to eat like a big girl. Almost clearing her plate at breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. She's hungry all the time and I'm finding I'm needing to up our healthy snack purchases to keep up with her demand.

She is my little pal and we just chat, sing, joke and play all day long. She articulates herself so well and we've been working hard on recognizing emotions which has helped a lot with tantrums and frustrations. I got her this puzzle for the plane ride, but also just for general use of course. Ainsley LOVES the dress up aspect and that she can change the bears faces from sleeping, to happy, to mad, to scared. I've found this has helped with her interactions with her little friends and without my intervention she is able to see that a friend is upset by something that she is doing and usual corrects her own behavior.

Miss Louise continues to be a complete joy. She eats 2-3 baby food meals a day now and guzzles milk like nobody's business. Ainsley is still definitely her favorite entertainment but she loves to reach and roll for toys and has started to scoot around in circles (no crawling yet thank goodness!) She makes the cutest sounds, even at 5am when she should be sleeping I don't mind them. I can't wait to see her experience sand and swimming for the first time!

We'll see if I get the urge to blog again before The Trip. If not you can bet I'll have some great stories, and pictures, upon our return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.