Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blog Worthy?

I have struggled with this lately. I have had such a need lately to write, to bear my soul and be heard. These waning days of winter are rough I tell you. ROUGH.

I am thankful this week for plans. For above freezing temperatures, playdates, a touch of that spring cleaning bug and two adorable girls, Ian too.

This morning I had grand plans. Storytime at the library followed by a jaunt down the block to the best toy store EVER to let Ainsley pick out a toy with her Valentine's money and something for Louise too. A stop at the bread shop for a scone and hot cocoa would have rounded out the full morning.

We did none of this.

Instead we lingered. We spent a solid hour upstairs going through clothes, tidying and cleaning, all the while entertained by Louise giggling in her rocker and Ainsley dressing and undressing her baby over and over. Somehow the day took shape without my planning. It didn't seem conscious, just a flow of effortless events. Louise napped, Ainsley and I watched old home movies while we played in her kitchen. It was lovely.

My girls are so self sufficient in their own ways. Lately I end up checking on Louise after what I think has been too long for a nap and she's happily lolling about in her crib, smiling away. She is content for long periods of time in her activity center or on her belly and back playing with her new best friends, her feet.

Ainsley is getting so imaginiative and thoughtful with her play. I moved her kitchen upstairs today and she concocted in her kitchen for most of the morning, explaining each step. "Make a pancake, mix it mix it, put it inna oven turna timer on, VERY HOT!" Her babies go everywhere with her and once in a cleaning frenzy when I tossed one into the bin of toys haphazardly she lost it, consoling her baby "I a sorry baby, mama no hurt you" she can be so precious.

A meandering walk up to the park, a chance encounter with an old neighbor and a new friendship struck with a little girl who's name I can't pronounce rounded out the morning.

I'm putting off vacuuming for fear of awakening my sleeping babes, relishing in the quiet and the sun.

Tonight I look forward to bookclub, even if the book was only so so. I am excited to try out my new ratatouille recipe and get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow I look forward to musik garten, mom camaraderie and anxiously awaiting our "trial" with the new babysitter tomorrow afternoon.

Any tips for things I should ask? Funny how it feels like weeks ago that I was watching others children and now the tables have turned and I'm a bit terrified. Ainsley is very excited about the prospect "Go mama, Ainsley play with new friend." I hope it goes as well as she says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.