Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Perfectly Beautiful Day

It was ridiculously gorgeous outside today.

I could feel it was going to be a good one, just felt it in my bones.

::Miss Ainsley Ainsley May, water-tabling it up::

We started the day off with typical debauchery. Freestyling to Katy Perry and making a mess of the house. Two cups of yogurt and a refill of coffee later we were on the road to music class, our favorite time of the week.

::Weez's first wagon ride::

The sun was shining, our jackets were unzipped as I trotted merrily (and because we were late) over the 290 bypass. Class was great and the moms met at a park afterwards to enjoy the sun some more.

::Noshing, always noshing::

I watched Ainsley tackle the tunnel slide with confidence, spin round and round on the whirly gig, prompting multiple parents to comment "she's only 2?" YES! At least I get affirmations daily that she's a pistol.

After sharing an impromptu picnic with generous mamas and toddler who shared their sandwiches and fruit with poor deprived Ainsley (hey, at least I had a cheese stick and a banana to contribute!)

::Taken 5 seconds before she konked, sprawled out like a cat basking in the sun::

Louise hadn't napped yet so we opted to head home around 1. I put my wiped out babes down and settled myself outside on a chair with my kindle and a large glass of sparkling water.

::I know I said I wouldn't post pictures of the bonnet yet, but I couldn't help myself::

I didn't even mind when they woke me a mere hour later.

We broke out the sand table (conveniently filled with freshly thawed snow) gardening gloves, rakes, lawn blanket and shovels. For a full 2.5 hours Ainsley splashed and mudded, Louise gummed and giggled, and I sweated and pulled and started to turn our winter mess into a spring garden.

::Seriously Collette, you are a genius::

After a loop or two around the block in the wagon we called it a day. Went inside for some homemade fish and chips with Ian (in early honor of St Patrick's day).

The day ended chaotically as most days do. Loud and boisterous, full and oh so good. My ladies are snoozing, Ian is celebrating a good friend's 26th downtown and I am enjoying silence and happy exhaustion after a perfectly beautiful day.

1 comment:

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.