Saturday, March 5, 2011

Retail Therapy

Today is one of those days when I don't want to do ANYTHING.

Oh I did things for sure, just nothing that I should be doing.

I went shopping for one. Bought the girls some spring/summer/Florida/I never go shopping and have a giftcard so why not clothes. I then ventured over to the craft store to fulfill my recent urge to make an art center for Ainsley. I am SO happy with the result. (I have been dying to do so since receiving this book as a gift from a mom at the school I used to work at. If there was a bible for the way I want to parent this is it)

I then came home to rescue Ian for a change. Ainsley was in rare form and needed some new direction. We explored the bag of clothes (and subsequently tried them ALL on) and set up her table with new materials and paper. We colored, watercolored, dot markered, and oil pasteled until our hands were rainbows and ate a lunch of home made pigs in a blanket and oranges (I may never buy a roll of biscuits again, these are SO good).

Mile High Biscuits

3 cups flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
1 T. sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter until incorporated evenly, add egg and milk, stir, flip dough out onto floured surface and roll to 3/4" thick, cut into desired shape (we cut them into oblong triangles to wrap around the hot dogs) Place on cookie sheet and glaze with melted butter. Bake at 425 for 10-15 min.
Recipe from Look and Cook by Tina Davis
SO good.

It all didn't go as smoothly as that but it felt like it after she went down without any fuss and I emerged from upstairs to hear Louise squealing with laughter as Ian tickled her tummy.

It's been a good day so far, but weird. The sky is dark, it's started to snow rather heavily. I should be cleaning and grocery shopping but instead I took naptime to get a latte and check out a sun hat for Louise (I ended up buying her 2 things on sale instead...whoops!)

I kind of love days like today. I know that the laundry will get folded and that once I set my mind to it it won't take all too long to scrub and vacuum. It's rare that I get to go out and buy cute things for my girls with relative abandon (thank you left over Christmas/birthday money!) and alone at that.

Now to decide what to make for dinner, you know, since I didn't go grocery shopping an all. Whoops!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.