Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where to Start

The problem with blogging so infrequently is that by the time I actually sit down to write I have a million, yes literally a million, things to say. Do I go with an account of the days that have passed? A rant about the things that are driving me crazy or gushing of the things that I love? Let's try a little of each shall we?

On Monday we (Ian, Ainsley and I) got back from our trip to Minnesota for my sister's wedding. While I wish I could say that the trip was wonderful, the terrible stomach flu we ALL got and dreary April-like weather put a bit of a damper on the vacation. The wedding itself was beautiful and flawless. I made it through my maid of honor speech without stumbling, or breaking down, Jenny looked gorgeous, and Ian took care of our kantankerous toddler. I think the photographer even ended up getting a few good shots of her! My only regret is not getting a formal family photo. Below you'll find the one and only. It will have to do!


The week before, minus the puking and fevers, really wasn't that bad. We got some good shopping in (I had to take advantage of no sales tax on clothes) and Ainsley had a blast with all the attention from family and friends. I did too. I found loads of great deals at Gap Maternity and Old Navy for me. I keep trying to think of what I'm going to want to wear towards the end of my pregnancy...nothing! considering the sweltering heat and hugeness I'll be dealing with. Thankfully maxi dresses and super soft tank tops are in abundance. I should be good to go.

Grammy and I took Ainsley to get measure for new shoes. She's really shot up in the past couple of months and since we first measure her in the late fall she's 1.5 sizes bigger! While I was sad to retire her first pairs of good walking shoes and sandals it was fun to pick out new ones.

Grammy bought her some real "big girl" sneakers, saucony's..they're SO cute.


I got her a new pair of sandals. Apparently her feet are very narrow so she doesn't fit into See Kai Runs which I mourned briefly, as they're my favorite baby shoe brand, until I found these Umis which are adorable.

This may be my new favorite brand. Ainsley seems to like them so far! Of course the $5 crocs Joann gave her in Florida are still her favorites. I think she likes that she can put them on herself.

So of course after being home for a few days I'm going through the typical Minnesota withdrawal. I know I'll get used to it again like I always do but it's such a shock to the system to go from being surrounded by family and friends to just the three of us overnight. I keep vowing to be better about setting up playdates and dinner parties with friends but time just always seems to get away from me. We are already planning our next trip to MN hopefully over the 4th of July and then I'm mentally prepared to be in Oak Park until baby girl is born. I hope we can make it up one more time before then though.

I've had a blast looking through Ainsley's old baby clothes and remembering how tiny a newborn is. The good news about having another girl is that we really don't need to buy too much, on the flipside I WANT to buy things which I can justify. Because I was on bedrest at 34 weeks with Ainsley and was really good about not buying things before then it was up to my wonderful mom and sisters to stock the dresser with newborn clothes for me. I've had fun buying a few things here and there (a few matching with Ainsley of course). And now I know the things that I like for newborns.

I do need to buy some new cloth diapers as the bumgenious that we use were HUGE on Ainsley until she was 4 months old. I'm thinking these ones

They're a bit more expensive than the kissaluvs we used for Ainsley but as we'd only need about 6-8 of them to supplement what we already have I'm thinking it's worth it.

I'm also thinking of one particular splurge that I really wanted with Ainsley, a moses basket. With Ainsley it wasn't really practical. In our small apartment her bedroom was always steps away. In our new house I'd love to have one to lay the baby in wherever I'd need to put her down while playing with Ainsley. I think it makes perfect sense, right?

Well this ended up being way more of one of those dry posts. I just had way too much fun "window shopping" online tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.