Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hungry, Anxious and TIRED

So, in about an hour I get to drink that lovely orange glucose cocktail and get my blood drawn at the midwives. Usually not eating until after 9 wouldn't be an issue but of course this morning I'm ravenous, thus on the computer while Ian feeds Ainsley so I don't steal her yogurt.

I am feeling pretty annoyed about having to take this blood test. I don't mind needles so much, it's just the whole inconvenience and then waiting to hear results, and they wonder why my blood pressure is slightly elevated whenever I have to have a test done? I just REALLY despise going to the doctor, thus going to a midwife, and resent that pregnancy is looked at as an illness, like something is wrong with you. Especially now that I've had one successful pregnancy/birth, HEALTHY BABY you would think things could be dialed back even more. I guess not.

I am also dreading getting on the scale. While I lost a few pounds in the first trimester I have gained 9 pounds since and am dreading going up more and more. It's just the most bizarre feeling to feel out of control over your body. I'm eating the same things I always do and exercising the same. On top of walks with Ainsley and in general staying up with her toddler energy I've been alternating my 3 favorite workout tapes 4-5 times a week. It doesn't seem to matter, I just feel HUGE. I'm so dreading being a swimsuit at the pool all summer long. I feel so self conscious in everything that I wear. I wish I could be one of those women that "glow" and only show in their belly's but I feel like I show everywhere. My face and legs and arms all look poofy to me, and I'm only 24 weeks!

I think all these worries are compounded by the fact that Ian has been working a ton this week and will likely be working through the weekend. Adding an extra hour onto the end of my day with Ainsley is a killer and I really don't know how this weekend is going to work out. I'm feeling bad for Ian that he's stressed out at work and trying to be supportive. It's just been hard to get dinner on the table with a smile lately.

I'm hoping I'll feel better after the appointment is over and find some energy to do a few errands and get some more things done around the house. Ainsley and I went to Costco yesterday and bought way too much pantry stockers so I need to get a shelving unit for the basement to organize what we have. I'm almost hoping for a little rain this afternoon to justify a good snooze with my girl.


I know I vowed to be less Eeyore, but it's hard when you're hungry, anxious, and tired.

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything turned out well at the appointment! Glucose testing is never fun! :/ And don't worry about feeling "huge" at 24 weeks...I felt the same way last summer...in fact, I think I was about the same ways along at this point in time a year ago! (weird..is your due date sometime in early October??) This middle point is always the hardest in terms of being happy with your body...and I vote to take a nap if you want to even if it DOESN'T rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry- don't feel bad about sharing your feelings. Sometimes it is nice to just get them off your chest.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.