Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So, the uber productive surge has passed and I find it hard to scrape myself out of bed in the morning. I'm starting to wake up all the time and for long chunks of time at night with no hope of getting sleepy anytime soon. I forgot this lovely phase of pregnancy.

Ainsley has started to really try my patience, and parenting skills. I wasn't prepared for this stage to hit yet but it has so here we go. Her new antics include climbing up onto the dining room table, dropping utensils into the heating vents, and in general being incredible destructive with anything she can get her hands on. I'm hesitant to say that she's really testing me yet, although I'm sure that's some of it. Sadly, I think she's bored. This child needs stimulation 24/7.

Its not like I sit around and do nothing with her all day. I make a point to get around other babies and moms once a day, whether at musikgarten or the library or parks. And we get outside now to play and garden and go for walks. Sadly my body's attention span for physical activity is dwindling fast. Today a 3.5 mile walk left me in excruciating pain for the rest of the afternoon. Sad isn't it.

I've started to try to do more crafts and "calm" activities with her, and they go over well for oh, about 3 minutes and then she's had it. She loves play dough (eating and sculpting) and like to draw for a few minutes. I'm excited for the day when we can bake together and garden without her trying to eat the flowers or dirt.

Someday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky!
    I love getting caught up on your life!! So I just found this today and it may be of interest you after reading your post.

    Don't ask why I know about this!!...but check out this website I found about workout classes that let you bring your baby!! Made me think about having a baby just so I could go...haha just kidding!!
    http://www.strollerstrides.com/index.php

    Love ya!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.