Monday, February 9, 2015

February Love

It's late and I definitely should be sleeping (especially since it's my turn to get up with Mr. 5:56 am tomorrow) but when the spirit moves you you just have to go with it.

This week has been pretty grand.  I had one meltdown one morning when Ian let a pan soak overnight and I was distraught over the messy kitchen in the morning and so physically exhausted from hauling kids in and out of the car approximately 10 times a day (did you hear Chicago got almost 2 feet of snow last weekend? because we did).  Other than that thought life's been great.

The girls both had snow days on Monday so we hung out and enjoyed the togetherness.  We played in the snow lots and capitalized on the extra time together.  Then the week flew as it always does.

I find I'm still struggling with this big kid schedule.  I have as many tantrums as Ainsley about homework and the long days.  I try to refocus myself on how much my education meant to me, how much I loved school and valued my friends and teachers and the experiences I had there.  I know in my heart of hearts that I can't give her all that at home with just me, but dang it's hard sometimes.

The girls are both SO into drawing right now.  It's pretty much the best thing in my life.  I've been requesting drawing books like a madwoman from the library and we spend most  of our afternoons sipping on tea drawing.  Even Felix gets so into it.  He loves to make mark and "cuy-yer".  I am really amazed at how much the girls' drawings have changed and grown even just over this past week.  I'm loving it.

******
I wrote that Saturday night and am too tired to add much on tonight.  Our weekend ended up well.  I got to have breakfast out with a good friend, I'm quilting and knitting away ( new mittens for me now!).  Ainsley's home from school with a mild cold/fever.  I sent her this morning because she didn't have a fever and got the call around 10:30 to come get her.  She'll be home tomorrow too per nurses request.  Lots of Valentine making and movie watching in our future!
And Ian went with Louise and Felix to pick out undies for our tiny guy.  After peeing in the potty at least once a day for more than a week and POOPING in it TWICE today we're going full steam ahead as of this weekend.  Watch this little guy put his sisters to shame and potty train himself before two years old.  Have I mentioned I love this little guy?
 My heart just bursts for my children, my husband, and this amazing life we have together.



















I have to get Ian's photos on here someday.  The one of Felix in his Minion undies is actually too much cuteness.
Love to you all this Valentine's week!

2 comments:

  1. How in the world are you achieving a under 2 potty trained kid? I am beyond impressed. Tommy isn't the least bit interested and he's 2 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not holding my breath honestly. He's just so interested we're going to give it a good go. Ainsley was potty trained right at 2 and Louise soon after. I think I'm feeling a bit indignant too that people keep telling me boy can't be potty trained early ;o)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.