Sunday, February 22, 2015

31

On Friday I turned 31.  This birthday felt different to me.
 
It's the first time I can remember not having at least a short list of things I wanted to give to my mom (because mom and dad still spoil their 31 year old :o).
I had one thing, ok two things.  I really wanted a backpack and a dust buster.  I have big dreams!

Gifts aside my expectations for the day were low.  Not in a negative way, I'm just realistic and know that life with three little people on a weekday is going to be what it's going to be.
The whole day was wonderful.















I got so many wonderful things, each one reminding me of how well the people in my life know me.  We ate delicious food that I didn't have to cook, and perhaps best of all Dan watched Felix and Louise for most of the day so I got some very exciting alone time.  We ended the day with wine and cheesecake from our bakery.  I can't imagine a better day really.

And now this whole weekend has really felt like a continued celebration.  Yesterday was Ainsley's fun fair at school so I spent the mooring frosting cakes for the cake walk and we headed over right at the start.  We stayed over two hours.  The girls ripped through $20 worth of tickets having the time of their lives.  I was SO tired after all the carnival games, bingo, pizza eating and silent auction perusing.  We came home to drop Louise off and I headed back with Ainsley to see the grand finale, a full out talent show put on by the teachers, punctuated by a pie in the face extravangaza at the finale.  It was so so much fun and really helped ease all the angst I've had about school of late.  What a special place my girl gets to spend her day in.  We're lucky  to have found such a great home away from home.

To top it all off for me Ian and I went on a DATE last night!  We ate out just us two and it was so nice.  Dan offered to watch the kids again tonight but I'm weary of getting too used to this kind of freedom ;o).

Today has been much more low key (thankfully!) I'm actually STILL in my jammies after sewing away the morning.  This afternoon I'm looking forward to togetherness before Dan hits the road tomorrow.  Perhaps a few games, some drawing, fresh baked muffins and coffee, lasagna for dinner.
I am so thankful for all these simple pleasures in my life.  31 has had a great start.






No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.