Friday, February 7, 2014

This Moment:: Ainsley May (5!!!)

Oh my big Ainsley girl...




I started writing this a few days ago.  I found all these great photos of you looking so big and pretty and smart.  I started to write.  I wrote about your independence and your stubbornness, your tenacity and your will.
I stopped.  I erased.  It felt negative, like I was focusing on all of the things about you that I'm struggling with right now.  I wanted a redo.
Truth is, we're coming off of a tough streak with you.  After months of  relative ease these last weeks have been tough.  You an I butt heads a lot.  I yell more than I'd like.  We have lots of heart to hearts ad hugs and I'm sorry's and we move along.
Truthfully we're still in the thick of it.  Just yesterday I had to take an IKEA bag full of toys and books and clothes out of your room after yet another picking up power struggle.  But there is of course so much more, so much good and amazing.



Writing and drawing and storytelling are still some of your favorites.  You are currently working on a Rapunzel research book.  We are learning about castles and turrets and how hair grows and how to sew beautiful dresses.  You love your dolls and setting up homes and beds for them.  Most recently you've been constructing your own beds out of wood at school.  On Friday we sewed two mattresses and flannel quilts for them.  You told me you want your room to look like Madeline's with 12 little beds all in a row.  Oh boy!

You have such wonderful energy.  You wake up in the morning and from naps ready to go.  And you nap!  You play so hard that your little body still loves an hour or so rest after lunch.  We're a napping house and it's so very delightful.

You are a full throttle child.  You pour yourself 100% into whatever it is you've set your mind to.  You follow things through and hate to not be able to finish something.  This is going to serve you so well.  I wish I had more of that in me!

You are so many things that I wish I could be my big girl.  You are self assured and smart, stubborn and strong.  I love you to pieces and at the end of the day I don't mind our quarrels.  It's a part of us, and we're great at making up.

I love you my big 5 year old girl!  I'm excited every day to be your mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.