Monday, February 3, 2014

February Love

Ian got up with the girls at 6.  I heard them come in and head downstairs.  Just a few more minutes of shut eye, I thought to myself as I snuggled back under the down comforter and soft bamboo sheets.  I rolled over an hour and a half later and pulled myself out of a deep sleep.  Ah. That felt good.

Ian left for work and I got the girls to school. Despite us being five minutes behind schedule we made it.  It's good to remember that life goes on when you're tardy.  Felix and I went grocery shopping.  I had a succinct list and was excited to spend very little.  $100 and four bags later I got exactly what was on my list.  It's always astonishing to me how much it takes to feed a family.

this will all be gone in a week

I feel like February always gets a bad rap.  For me?  January is much worse.  The holiday let down, getting back into a routine.  But February?  With heart and birthdays and blue winter skies and snow?  I kind of love February.

To start, I've been making an effort to brighten up our home a bit.  Flower in vases help tremendously (and the girls LOVE arranging them).


The girls love our sunny dining room.  I am so thankful for our corner lot house on these bright days. There is almost always a project or two of their laid out and they have even been known to make tiny beds in the sun out of pushed together chairs and every blanket and pillow we own.



I too have been inspired by this flip of the calendar.  I'm excited about Valentine's projects, Easter projects and even projects for Felix's (gulp!) first birthday.  

For Valentine's Day I'm making the girls t-shirt dresses with patchwork skirts and lace waistbands.  Ainsley's is done save for the hem and Louise's is all cut out ready to go.  Felix will be getting at least one new pair of quick change trousers.  His two I rotate regularly are almost too small in the bum and he needed a Florida pair for our trip coming up.




In craft world we've been excited about Valentine's Day.  We made these heart gardens with bleeding tissue paper backgrounds and cut out heart flowers and of course, glitter glue.



And oil pastels on black paper are back.  This is Louise's first recognizable elephant face.  I love it so much.


Oh my goodness and this family portrait Louise drew...

A:: Hey dad!  Did you see this picture Louise drew? It's a bunch of squids that look like us!"
L (very grumpy face)::  Ainsley!  They are not squids they are Daddy and Me and Fewix!"


So I didn't get me workout in yet and the house isn't entirely clean.  But it's the start to a new week with tons of sunshine and lots to do.  I'm excited for February and all it brings.  I hope you are too!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.