Monday, May 27, 2013

Felix, one month old.

Ah, my boy is one month old, and what a great month it's been.  Two weeks with Grammy, easing into new parenthood again.  Two weeks of "normal", busy preschool mornings and long tired afternoons.  The time has simply flown.  How I hope summer lingers just a bit more than spring has.

I feel like I have so much say about my sweet little baby and at the same time am at quite a loss for words.  Perhaps because life just keeps plugging along.  Our days have remained relatively the same, it's just, errands take a bit longer, life moves a bit slower, things feel a bit more snug and precious, and of course the love-o-meter is full to the brim.






Oh Felix, I've learned from your sisters not to peg a personality too early, but if I were to guess, I'd say you're going to be a pretty easy going guy.  






You have slept so well since your first day here.  It's rare for you to be up more than twice a night, you always go back down without any fuss after a quick change and feeding, and most nights you give me a good 4+ hour stretch of sleep at some point.  Thank you for that!  

You eat SO well.  For the first time nursing has been a bit of a challenge for me.  Only because I feel so drained and famished most of the time.  You only eat every 3 hours or so during the day but when you do you eat lots.  I feel like my second job right now, aside from parent to three, is milk maid. I've looked up good nursing diets for the first time and am doing my best to get in all the good nutrition I need to keep up with you!  I am so thankful for such a good eater boy.



You still sleep a fair amount during the day but are up for about an hour or so in the morning and then again for a big chunk after your noon time nap.  You are starting to respond to all the toys and noises your sisters love to entertain you with.  you are tracking movement and zone in on faces.  I get one good smile from you a day and can't wait for more.  Your smiles are the best.





Perhaps my favorite trait of yours so far is that, well, you seem to love me.  When you fuss and it takes me a minute or so to get to you you calm the moment I pick you up or start talking to you.  When I'm holding you you often put your little arm up around my neck or grab my shirt and nuzzle your head into my nape.  You of course love your sisters and daddy too, but I can already tell you and I have a special bond.  I could hold you all day.




While I'm almost sad that one whole month has already passed I am excited too, to learn more about you each day and watch you grow.  I can't wait for the coming weeks.   your first big road trip up to Minnesota to meet family and friends, your first breaths of northwoods air, the hours and hours spent in our backyard in the summer heat and shady breeze.  It's going to be good my boy.

yes, that is spit up ALL down his front, ah but those eyes, pretty sure they make up for it, and then some


Happy One Month my little bub.  You are the sweetest.  I think we'll keep you ;o)



1 comment:

  1. hi!am mother and a distrubutor.i would advice you not to give it to the baby if you live in canada
    since we dont have children shakes.in november doctor Luigi gratton one
    of herbalife doctors and also the vice president affaires answered that question
    since i have kids i had the same question .i wanted
    to know if it good for my kids.he said the protein in the shake are
    too much for a baby he would not advice to give it to babies.
    when am taking it my kid can drink alittle bit but bot my baby.

    she has the right to tell you that coz it can not hum the baby but i
    think the stomach of 6months is fragile too.

    i have a 9 month and not all food are already introduced to him.
    thank you

    Also visit my site; natural weight loss foods list

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.