Thursday, May 23, 2013

See You Next Year Preschool!

All three of my children are napping.  I waited a whole hour to declare that outloud.  This is not the first time this has happened, but it is the first time that I'm not napping with them and able to use this quiet time well.  Ahhh.  Good children.

They must have known I needed that after this morning, yesterday too.  I was told by 4 separate people that I looked tired this morning.  Why yes I am, exhausted actually.  Thanks for noticing!

As sad as I am about my girls being done with another fabulous school year I am not shedding one tear over the end of drops offs and pick ups.  My goodness I am excited to laze about a bit in the mornings for a few months.

Really, now that it's all over it couldn't have gone more smoothly.  Ainsley wasn't nearly as sad about the end of school as I thought she would be.  Sure she's talked about already missing her friends and beloved Miss Debbie (although we just saw them 3 hours ago), but is mostly focused on all the fun we get to have this summer...the POOL! CABIN! BIKING AND TANK TOPS AND FLIP FLOPS!!! Ah to be 4 again.

yesterday, heading out in the rain to Ainsley's last day




one last sit in the ole cubby


this morning at the park gathering for her school..
Miss Nicole
(p.s. Ainsley's wearing her "crazy flower outfit that drives you nuts mom!" thanks sweetie, yes it does)


and Debbie!



Louise on the other hand was unexpectedly and uncharacteristically sad this morning.  She was crying at drop off and grumpy throughout most of their "graduation" ceremony.  My sweet little girl has been handling all of the change of late so well, I guess it made sense that something finally snapped a bit.  She rallied once things got going and was happy a a clam the rest of the morning.

Louise's Graduation


oh man, that grump face, it's almost too much!
(and it really reminds me of that video of you at your holiday sing in preschool Auntie Jooj!)


she got into it eventually, that child simply cannot resist an opportunity to sing Twinkle Twinkle


Ainsley was a very diligent observer


diplomas in hand


So in the end it was a success.  We ate snacks and left to head to Ainsley's gathering at a local park in the freezing blusteriness of the day.

Louise is SO excited to be at the same school as Ainsley next year.  She and Ainsley already talk about walking in together holding hands and how Ainsley's going to show her around.  I'm excited for my girls, and for those 2.5 hours 4 days a week alone with my baby boy :o)

So that's that! We're off any sort of schedule and for the first time in 9 months it's all up to us.  I've been a bit weary of how to fill the mornings well for us all again (especially after getting a glimpse this morning at the way crowded park of how hard it's going to be to corral everyone...ahhh!).  But as usual I'm trying to cut myself some slack.  Remind myself that my sanity at least one good nap for Felix matter just as much as the girls getting a big outing each day.  Right now I am SO thankful for all of those e-books I bundled this spring on fun activities to try, our pool and sprinkler, our garden, bikes and a cool basement with a swing and loads of fabric waiting to be sewn into beautiful things.  Oh, and the cabin too.  I'm even thinking of taking a deep breath and diving into our first cabin road trip solo.  Am I crazy?

Naw.  I just love my kids and know that we're going to make it and do our best to have tons of fun.  Here we come summer!  We're very excited you're here!









1 comment:

  1. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you provide.
    It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
    the same unwanted rehashed information. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... best cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.