Saturday, May 4, 2013

First Days

Felix is 10 days old today.  My mom's been here just as long and Ian went back to work last Wednesday.  I'm slowly slowing trying to ease back into full time parenting and caretaking.  It's a process.  We're getting there. Really enjoying this newborn cocoon while we can.

evening out the playing field a bit


learning how to multitask


always time for extra snuggles






my newest little kitchen helper


Grammy makes entertaining three look way too easy...





This past week has been pretty good.  Once I figured out that it was a wicked case of mastitis that was causing my excruciating pain, things have been on the upswing.  We've spent the week as normally as possible.  My mom carting the girls to and from school, me tagging along with Felix every so often to introduce him to all of our regulars, the girls' teachers and friends.  The best reaction I got to his newness and cuteness was from my good friends at the bakery.  They insisted on giving each of the girls their own free sprinkle cookie and rounded my order total down to the nearest dollar.  They even hollared at the baker to come to the front to see "the most adorable 8 day old baby imaginable!". I can't disagree.








Yesterday we did our first big excursion, up to Winnetka to see my grandparents.  Felix was spoiled beyond imagination, both with gifts and snuggles, while the girls enjoyed all the extra attention on them and running around and playing in one of the coolest houses ever.  







The girls crashed in the car on the way home and I ran into Target while my mom watched my brood, so thankful for possibly the last solo shopping trip I'll get in a long long time.  Now today I'm paying a bit for that outing.  I forget how long it takes for the body to recover fully from all that being pregnant and giving birth stuff.  So I'm taking it slow today.  Feeling a bit frustrated, but thankful that I can still take it slow, surrounded by so much help. And of course so thankful for my beautiful healthy baby boy.  That kind of makes everything better, just about always.

It's been a great 10 days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.