Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And We're Off!

We leave later this morning for Christmas.  I can hardly believe it's here. I certainly cannot believe that everything is done, the prep relatively painless and smooth.

We are leaving a day early, hoping to get out before the storm they predict for this evening and tomorrow.  Perhaps Chicago will have a white christmas after all?

We'll pack up the final goodies this morning while Ainsley is at school, then all drive over to celebrate her 4th birthday with her 9 best buds at preschool.  She's ecstatic for her green smoothie and vanilla cupcakes from Trader Joe's.  I'm exited we were able to dig Betty Bear's Birthday out of the abyss for the occasion.  I'm bringing Bruno the Baker to read too.  One can never have too many birthday cake themed books.  And then?  we're off!

One major perk to almost always traveling on my own with the girls is that when Ian's along for the ride it's like a holiday the whole time.  Especially now that my belly is big enough to necessitate that he drive most of the way.  Well, that and I need the time to finish a few Christmas surprises in the car.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas, joyous time off with family and friends, and lots of thankfulness and love.

I guess this is as close to a real Christmas card as we're going to get this year...at least we tried!









Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.