Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Spirit

The Christmas Spirit has infused our little family and I'm soaking in every drop.

::the girls making "christmas cookies" out of playdough::


::she really was a happy little reindeer until she saw my camera::


::watching their Santa videos over and over (thanks again Auntie Sonya!)::


::double gingerbread houses, hmm, I wonder who's has all that candy missing from the eaves?::


While keeping up with old traditions, we're finding some new ones too.

:: the new  thrifted Find, wooden candle carousel just in time for the holidays::



First morning of the calendar advent.  This morning found that first stocking heavy with two wooden stamps (thrifted for 25 cents each).  Just the thing to get December started right.

::Ainsley promptly switched their stamps. 
"Oh Louise! here!  you get to have my froggy stamp!"  
"Oh thank you Asee!" 
"Mommy, you know what?  the owl stamp really is so much better."  
Ah, the power of negotiation.::


::Louise didn't seem to mind::


::tiny lit up houses all over the house, compliments of Ainsley::


I am so excited about the new stocking garland tradition.  It's nothing fancy.  24 painfully simple felt and sweater stockings hung from a red cotton ribbon with red ric rac.  It's presence in our home is cheerful and homey and I'm looking forward to getting creative with the treats to fill each day for my girls (temporary tattoos and stencils, candy cane shaped pencils and real candy canes, tiny knitted treasures, coupons for fun outings and special crafts with mama...it's going to be grand!)



But what I am loving most?  That my whole family is in this with me.  Louise joined me at the art board for sharpie board book fun (ooh I'm excited about this project of mine!), Ainsley pulled out her crosstitch after months hiding in the yarn bin, even Ian was working away, pulling apart electronics for parts for a bit of his own Christmas magic.  It was a wonderful afternoon.



And ah, the projects.





::the new favorite carol, for both big and little hands::



There is of course still lots to do.  So much in the works and patiently waiting in not so neat piles.  But bit by bit it's getting done, with each stitch, slip of the needle, tread of the peddle, yard of fabric, and swipe of glue.

I look forward to this exact time every year.  There is never a time so filled to the brim.  The anticipation, the togetherness, the making and the joy.  It's all so saturated and huge and wonderful.

Happy December to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.