Monday, September 10, 2012

Meal Plan:: September 10

I'm trying something kinda new this week.  I made almost no meal plan.  Well, that's not entirely true. I sat down and wrote all the meals I could make with things I already have on hand, more to reassure myself that I had options then as a plan per-say.  I'm having one of those OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS SO MUCH FOOD IN OUR HOUSE BUT NOTHING TO EAT  weeks, so rather than buy a bunch more food I'm going to mostly work with what we have and see what I can come up with!  I'll let you know how it goes!

Breakfasts::
Oatmeal
Cereal
Yogurt

Lunch::
mini bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon
cottage cheese and fruit
roast turkey, cheese and tomato sandwiches

Dinner::
broccoli cheese quiche and
meatloaf and roasted sweet potatoes
Nana's rice casserole
sun dried tomato, zucchini, red pepper and goat cheese orzo pasta
leftover wild rice casserole (from block party)
paninis and creamy tomato soup

I still spent $91 on groceries.  Our basics (organic milk and eggs, cheese, bread, fresh fruit and veggies) plus a few extras for specific meals, and a treat or two (it's been ages since we've had smoked salmon, and the girls and Ian and I LOVE it).  Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.