Monday, September 17, 2012

Fabulous Monday (so far) and Meal Plan

My oh my, how we needed this morning to go well.  There's something unique about Mondays, how the set the tone and pace for the week.  Truthfully I've always loved Mondays.  I have the most energy on this day, the most determination and intention.  Last week Monday left me exhausted for the rest of the week, I think today Monday has shown us we can do this!

Ainsley's drop off went well despite her reluctance to get out of the car and walk with me.  But we got there and she rallied.  Then I had the whole morning with my sweet louise ad boy, is life different when it's just us two.  We did our weekly grocery shopping, went home to put the cold stuff away, went to musikgarten where Louise stole the show (oh man, that girl LOVES musikgarten), then we made a quick trip to pick up some library books before heading to get Ainsley.  We even made one more stop to get some beef bologna and wisconsin american cheese for a little lunch treat.  It was a great morning.

Ahh, so now I find myself with 12 minutes of alone time before Ainsley comes tromping down the stairs at approximately 2:00.  Why I taught that child to read my analog watch is beyond me.

I think I'll spend that 12, wait, 11, minutes laying out the meal plan for the week, because really, I'm super cool like that.

Meal Plan::
This is going to be another "light" cooking week.  We still have so much in the pantry and freezer that needs to be used up, plus I've learned that planning 3 cooking intense meals are about all I can handle these days.  Hey, it saves us money too!

Breakfasts::
Nature's Path Granola
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Eggs

Lunches::
beef balogna sandwiches
sun dried tomato hummus and whole grain chips
peanut butter and jelly (on the best bread EVER discovered at our local bakery for $2.10 this past week...I'm hooked)

Dinners::
homemade chicken and orzo soup (I hear a cold/rainy front is moving through this week, I'm ready!)
chicken bruschetta bake
spinach and baby swiss quiche
leftover wild rice casserole (frozen from block party)
stuffed baked potatoes (with bacon and broccoli and cheddar)
chilli and cornbread (leftover from walkin' tacos)

total:: $92, not too shabby!

So here's hoping this momentum keeps up.  It's a big week for us all ahead (Ian should be finished cell counting up TOMORROW!!!! and then mostly working from home...I couldn't be more excited (ok, pretty sure he's more excited)).  Wish us luck!


3 comments:

  1. So I'm not going to lie and say I understand what "cell counting" means, but I CAN understand the excitement you both feel! During the busy times it can feel like you're a single parent even when your spouse is there every night. I'm anxiously waiting for November 7th, the day after Election Day. My goal is to spend the entire day with my boys (human and canine) cuddled up in bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'd love your recipe for the quiche and chicken bruschetta bake. I have a ton of eggs right now, and lots of chicken to use up in my freezer before we move into our new home in three weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chicken bruschetta
    comb
    ine the following and let sit 5 min or so
    a box stovetop (or other) stuffing
    half cup water
    1 14 oz can diced tomatoes

    cut up 1.5 pounds of chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a greased 9x13" baking pan

    sprinkle 1 cup mozarella and 1 t. dried basil (or 1T. fresh) on chicken

    spread stuffing mix on top, bake at 400 for 25-30 min or until chicken is cooked through

    I put the quiche recipe on the blog a while back, if you tue quiche into the search bar on top you should find it! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.