Saturday, September 22, 2012

His Day, My Day

Today was a day that, I think, we all needed.

My girls, who so crave their daddy always got loads of daddy daughter time.
My boy, who's been cooped up in a lab staring down a microscope even in copious amounts for his liking has been needing a bit of "normal" and surely much fun.
And me?  Well, I've been needing some quiet.  No conflicts to resolve, to tantrums to temper, no difficulties other than my own inadequacies with following simple sewing instructions (some day I'll learn).

So we all had our day.  It was great.

His day.

::Early morning conservatory daddy daughter date::




Playtime at home in the basement with mama.  Quick much needed naps.  Journeys up the block for the annual pig roast and bluegrass band.

::afternoon trip to the arboretum::





Crustless quiche dinner. Doing all the dishes.  Roughhousing and laughing, book reading and snuggling.

Not too shabby.

My day.

::early morning cinnamon roll making with two hungry girly helpers::


::all  morning, and some of the afternoon, spent making two new "little bo peep" skirts for my girls::

I so wanted to get photos of them IN the skirts, because wear them they did...but the photos turned out like this...


and this...

do these will have to do.







If this pattern wouldn't add tremendous girth to my already hippy frame, you know I'd be sporting it myself.  In. Love.

Afternoon bath, bookreading, and nap. WHAT?!?!? I know.  I'm still astounded too.  Making crustless quishe.  NOT doing dishes.  Bathing my sweet dirty girls.  Folding tons of laundry.  Bookreading, singing, ahhh.

Amazing day.

But really, any day that ends with these sweet things?...






Is already doing pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.