Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things Loved Lately

I've totally fallen off of the things loved bandwagon. I have enough new favorites stocked up to warrant a post, so here we go...

The Library:
I am a total children's book fiend, exhibted by our ridiculously large collection formed mainly from when I was pregnant with Ainsley and would waddle loyally through the tight isles of our local thrift shops grabbing anything I could get my hands on. But lately I've wished I had been a bit pickier in my selections. A lot of my "finds" have ended up as collage material or cutting practice. So now that I'm salivating after quality books that I a. can't afford and b. have no time or means to methodically scour any stores for, I've turned to our library. Oak Park has this great system where you can borrow books from libraries all over the city picking them up right at your local branch. We've SO enjoyed reading our new jems and now that Christmas is coming I can finally indulge the girls in a few of their (and my) new favorites.




Covergirl Lipgloss:
This new stuff is amazing. I've been hankering after a little lip color lately and this provides just enough that I don't feel too done up at the grocery store of music class, but enough that Ainsley notices and wants extra lip kisses so that some color will rub off on her little buds.
J.R. Watkins:
I've been on the vinegar and baking soda only cleaning program for a while but was in the mood for a change for a moment. This stuff is awesome and smells great and safe for the kids.
Costco:
Seriously this place deserves it's own post. I buy all our milk and eggs here, baking staples, big blocks of yummy cheddar cheese, hebrew national hot dogs, dishwashing detergent, saran wrap, mexican coke and toilet paper and paper towels. We save so much money by shopping here once a month and stocking up. I really can't say enough good things. Oh, and their take and bake pizza is one of our "mom doesn't want to cook tonight" night staples.

TJ's Potsticker and Birds Nests:
Our other "mom doesn't feel like chopping or sauteing or thinking about dinner" meals. Louise would eat the whole bag of dumplings if I let her and Ian feels the same about the birds nests.

Acorn Slipper:
Louise just grew out of my favorite toddler slippers but as winter is just knocking on the door she needed new ones that fit. I LOVE these slippers, so soft and they stay on and are great shoe substitutes for errands when she's just going from the carseat to a cart and back. Stonz Booties:
Just had to make one more nod to these amazing boots. Perfect for new walkers or mobile crawling dumpling this winter. We got the liners for those extra cozy days and she's been wearing them ever since we got them just for romping around even without snow. My new favorite baby item for sure.
Outside Baby Gear:
I stumbled upon this find on zulily when I was desperate for a new patagonia down coat for Louise (who fit into none of Ainsley's old ones) but of course couldn't afford it. After a quick search I read some rave reviews and decided to take the plunge. So glad I did. Her coat is the new favorite (Ainsley even squeezes into it somedays because she loves how warm, soft and ploofy it is) The gloves have been perfect for the cold weather and I anticipate their greatness continuing to shine through the long wet cold winter. Love love love this stuff.


Ikea Christmas:
I am in love with all the finds I found at IKEA for Christmas, particularly their cute simple CHEAP wrapping paper. I am very into the whole red and white thing this winter. the girls have LOVED helping me wrap. Ainsley has made most of the cuts and tap placement choices herself and Louise has very definitive opinions about which papers to use. I'm loving this season with my girls.



So there are the favorites for now. I know I always appreciate hearing about great new finds out there. Let me know if you have any!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.