Monday, December 19, 2011

Pre-Holiday letdown

What's a mama to do when holiday let down is in full force, on December 19th? Not so much for the girls, no. While Ainsley had a crankier than usual day yesterday (and they both LOST it on the way back from zoo lights, even though we all recovered with a great meal with wonderful friends) it's just me that seems to be suffering.

::Louise feeling the burn, still as cute as can be::



Ok, suffering may be a bit dramatic, but in the wake of a filled to the brim weekend and huge holiday and birthday celebrations in front of us I'm feeling the need to let DOWN a bit. I am bone tired, something I rarely feel. I can power through sleeplessness, necessary errands and chores, slap a smile on my face when all I want to do is scream, but not today. Today I woke up just feeling TIRED. A little sore throat, that I'm-possibly-coming-down-with-something-but-really-i-just-feel-like-crawling-into-bed-and-snoozing-all-day kind of sick.

 So we're taking a sick day. We've spent the morning in our cozy basement, watching Heidi (the Shirley Temple version of course) playing and folding loads upon loads of laundry. Presents are wrapped and packed, the girls now are packed too. Party remnants still adorn our home, balloons floating freely between floors and rooms. I simply cannot bring myself to make lists or plan out our few remaining days at home. The only plan is to slowly but surely get it all done. To clean and organize as best I can knowing full well how important it is to come home to a put together house after the holiday hub bub.

::Ainsley enjoying her new gifts from Ian and I after quiet present opening time with just us 3 on the eve of her party, adorned in her new swimsuit, then her raincoat, thankful and playful and sweet, what a fun new tradition::



 ::powering through this Monday haze with my two favorite girls, armed with jingle bells and crayons (and in Ainsley's case three dresses), really? it could be so much worse::


 ::my little ray of sunshine::


 But really? I just want to spend these days relaxing with my girls, enjoying the anticipation of the great fun to come and the end of this wonderful year. So today we hibernate, and forget the errands and to dos. Today we relish in the calm and quiet, the peace and love of us 4. It's actually a fairly nice let down, wonderful in fact. Now if only the car would pack itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.