Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfullness in Home

Since marrying and moving and working and mothering, I have grown. Both up and away in the person I am and from where I came.

It was so hard to leave a home and a family I felt so a part of, so a part of me, until I found a new home in my new self with my new family. And here I finally feel whole and me and good and happy.

There were times I thought it wouldn't be so, because how can you ever leave that child you were behind? They are all we know for as long as we know them.

Yet somehow I AM here, mostly grown and secure, and while I will always love where I came from and who resides there, I so love this new place that is all my own, all our own.

So here you find me, us, on the eve of our first thanksgiving home, here. I find a spring in my step as I tidy and prepare, an excitement contagious to the girls and our home. While I will miss my mom's stuffing, delicious cranberry sauce, and warmth, my dad's adundant humor (and wine service), and my family's cantakerous game playing and joy, I rejoice in here, home, with my family. Comfortable and yummy and quaint.

Ainsley and I have been talking about thankfullness, what it means and how to proclaim it. Ainsley lists her thankful things just like a prayer, thanking God for all the wonderful people in her life that she so loves, the food in her belly, her happy home and of course Lamby and nankers. I am always overwhelmed with thankfulness, in awe of all that we have been given and all that we enjoy and cherish each day: for my handsome kind man, for my sweet sweet girls, for our house and our comfort, for our love and our hope. I feel blessed to tears this year with it all.

So this year instead of packing bags of clothes, we're loading sacks of food (and mama's doing some fancy footwork to get it all to fit in our tiny kitchen!). Instead of fretting over weather we're relaxed and safe (but still praying for good weather for nana and grandpa dan to get here safe and sound!) Instead of a loud boisterous holiday of many it will be (in theory) a calmer gathering of 7. It's a change all around, but one I am so excited to have.


So the food is bought, the flowers are cut, the yarn is patiently waiting and the candles and libations ready. For this Christmas girl, Thanksgiving is running a VERY close second this year.

For all of this I am abundantly, always, ecstatically, so so thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.