Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hump Day Nuggets: Full Throttle

While the turkey begins its 24 hour brine in the fridge and the carpets wait desperately to be vacuumed after nap times I am eager to write about our great week. Thanksgiving is tomorrow so there's only more greatness to come!

Nuggets::

We had a wonderful weekend. Ian took the girls downtown for the first time TOGETHER and while he was definitely wiped when he got home they had a blast. I used the time to make some headway on Ainsley's quiet book. I love love love doing it, but so wish I had a whole day to work so I could just crank it out. It takes a long time to set up all the components and thought and precision to get my vision clear, and when all is said and done I always feel rushed and have to stop before I'd like. I'm learning this whole "elving" thing with snoopy kids around. It's getting trickier for sure.



I fall more in love with crafting every time I do it. Especially with little ones around, it is so rare to have an excuse to just SIT and FOCUS and be calm. I love that it brings out a part of me that I used to know so well and really? I think it makes me a better mom, helps me to center and relax. All good thing.


Nuggets::

While our Farm Fresh turkey was being hand delivered to our door Ainsley and I took a dreary afternoon walk to the Buzz, our local coffee shop cafe. It'd been months since I'd gone, the seating too tight for a mama and two little ones alone, but a quick date for Ainsley and I? It was perfection.

We sipped on hot cocoa and mexican mocha's respecively and nibbled on shortbreads. We chatted like pals and played at the park on our way home. It was great to have some one on one time with my girl. She gets cuter and sweeter every day.


Nuggets::

Sunday morning we ventured to Auntie Sonya's and met her roomates two adorable kittens. The girls were over the moon. louise made happy sounds I've never heard before and Ainsley would have squeezed them silly with love if we didn't keep close tabs.




It was so fun to play the morning away and a real treat to eat lunch out afterwards. Then Ian took the girls home and I got a little adult shopping time with Auntie Sonya while walking around town. I love Oak Park, so walkable and quaint and fun. Then Sonya watched the girls so Ian and I could indulge in dinner out compliments of a groupon I snatched a few weeks back. After 2.5 years of nearly no dates or adult time out PERIOD, each one now is so special. Thanks Sonya!

Nuggets::

On our second IKEA run with Auntie Jooj last week I stumbled across this $15 swing and had a moment. A swing? For inside? I simply had to find a way to make it work. Thankfully in our old 7 foot high basment we have an exposed beam, so I measure and screwed and in a matter of minutes, whalla! Instant basement playground. Ainsley is in absolute heaven.



We swing ALL the time in our house now and I can already see what a blessing this is going to be on those long cold dark winter days. Thanks yet again IKEA.

Nuggets::

The rest of the week has been busy and good. Monday we bought and hauled more groceries than I thought humanly possible but somehow managed to survive the morning long affair. The girls are so excited for the holiday and for nana and grandpa dan's arrival tomorrow. Today we clean and tomorrow we cook. We can't wait!

::Louise and her popcorn, the girls new favorite snack::

(I pop a half cup in a brown lunch bag folded over with no oil or butter added, then add a bit of melted butter and stir once it's popped, SO good, and so much cheaper than buying the packs)

::Ainsley in a dress of mine from preschool, she felt so pretty in her "blouse and fancy dress"::


::Louise has enough hair to warrant a clip! (and she keeps it in!!!), and she' rockin' her new walking shoes, she's an extra wide, of course you are dumpling::

::post turkey brine making, eating the oranges we peeled for the brine::

::somehow ainsley has gotten in to makeup, how with a mother who NEVER wears ANY? I have no idea, but she found my stash and requests lip gloss occasionally, so I of course indulge her. She walks around pouting her lips, not talking so it won't come off, it's adorable.::

::Louise on her Rody, she loves that horse::


I know I'll have lots more to share after thanksgiving. Tales, of turkey roasting, pie eating and wine drinking (trying mulled wine for the first time!). Of course there will be equal tales of thanks and love and fun. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! This blog is oozing with celebration and thankfulness...I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.