Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sharing the Love

I'm sitting her sipping on coffee, perusing the net for stocking stuffers and $5 gifts (a Roger's family tradition), feeling a bit guilty because I opted out of an Ian-tastic outing with the girls to do so, but thankful for the quiet all the same.

Most weekends it's a conundrum. I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that we can't do it ALL. It's just not possible and it's mind numbingly frustrating to ponder it, so I've stopped. I can't have a spotless house, a rested mind and body AND partake in all family activities wholly and happily. So this morning I wasn't in the mood. I was cranky from all the morning clean up and frustrated at Ainsley (she woke up screaming at me to go back to bed because she wanted Ian to get up with her, not me...what a lovely way to start the day). But Ian was perky and cheerful and he so wanted to take the girls to a new farm he'd heard about. So he went and I stayed and while I miss seeing their happy faces on the farm, I know they love the daddy daughter time and today, I SO needed the quiet.

But back to this internet shopping thing...I NEED to share some amazing sites with ya'll (yes, Paula Deen continues to influence my life daily). I have stumbled upon some great stuff here. I LOVE finding small, unique places to shop, whether locally or on the net. These are some great sites for stocking stuffers or small gifts.

Adorable sundries, party decorations, accessories, and school supplies. I ordered some fun print tape for Ainsley, play tickets, garlands and flowers for her birthday...good unique stuff.

Who doesn't need and LOVE reusable recycled bags? These are some of the cutest, funniest ones I've seen. Plus lots of other amazing stuff. I'd be more specific, but I don't want to give away any of my secrets :o)

Amazing amazing art supplies for kids. I got ALL the girls new art supplies here for their stockings...baby pencils, markers, soy crayons, blank books, coinpurses...amazing wonderful art supplies.

Enjoy. You're welcome.

So now I'm just about DONE with Christmas shopping. It feels so good. Now to find some good hiding spots for it all (but not TOO good. I can't lose ANOTHER box of goodies :o(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.