Sunday, September 4, 2011

Nature Made

To start, we are having an amazing weekend. We've been busy, but rested, active with spans of laze, and very very well fed. Thank you Labor Day weekend!

This morning we pondered a family outing and landed in Lisle at the Morton Arboretum. This was our second trip (our first was nearly a year ago when Louise was still a wee newborn). I must have been too flustered with the two kiddos last time to really take it all in, because this time it was near breathtaking. The grounds are so well kept up, Ainsley could just run and run and explore without getting into (too much) mischief and despite her protests about having to be in the stroller occasionally the morning was a resounding success.

So we got a membership. In general these days it seems like if you want to go someplace more than twice a year it makes economical sense to get a membership. I am SO excited to have the freedom to take the girls there this fall on those mornings when I don't know what the heck to do. We can leave after rush hour, lunch packed and double stroller stowed and spend the morning out in nature, something I so very much miss about our little city home.

I am especially excited because I am in the throws of fall planning. After spending way too much time on pinterest last night, scouring ideas for crafts and activities for the girls this fall, I'm in planning mode. For the first time I've decided to make a "curriculum" of the very loose kind to keep our days full and purposeful. For as excited as I am about playschool and musikgarten starting up this next week, we will still have two mornings a week free and all of our afternoons to fill. While parks and playdates will surely be abundant Ainsley is at an age where she can do so much and is SO curious and able. I really want to capitalize on this growth of hers and have some fun too.

My basic plan is to have a different craft "theme" each day (tactile, sensory, messy, nature, and "clean") and try something new each time. I also hope to sneak in some experiments and gift making along the way. I'm loving that Ainsley is learning that we can make things in lieu of buying them and she's started requesting to do so. I hope to take her own ideas and my own plans and meld them so we have a lot of activity and fun going on most days.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. When Briony gets a little older I think she may want to be adopted by you! I'd be sad, but wouldn't blame her...I kind of want to be adopted by you, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.