Saturday, July 31, 2010

Things Loved in July

I skipped June because while I had started the post I just never got around to fine tuning and it ended up being a bunch of food related things anyways (surprise surprise?)

1.Squish Pillows
My mom got me a small one (see below) that I use ALL the time to prop my belly up when I'm lying down ALL the time and it's amazing. I was a bit worried at first when Ainsley was acting a tidge territorial of it, she was after all the one who bought it with Grammy at Bed Bath and Beyond on one of their many outings. She quickly learned that it was not in fact hers and I've been enjoying it ever since. My dad brought a second one from Minnesota (sorry Julie, I believe it was "borrowed" from your room) that's longer like a body pillow and amazing for sleeping at night.
2. DVR
I seriously can't imagine my current bed rest life without it. I watch mostly TLC (the overdose of wedding related shows gave me a weird dream the other night about Ian's and my wedding prompting me to cut back) the Travel Channel (oh how I love Samantha Brown) and the Food Network (Ina Garten and Giada make me salivate over dishes I won't get to try out for months). I've also started utilizing OnDemand to catch up on back episodes of shows like Top Chef and other Bravo shows I'd rather not admit to getting hooked on. Hey I'm on bedrest! You can't judge.

3. Sims3
While I still haven't mastered gameplay I've spent many hours, yes hours, creating Sims and homes and have rekindled my love for this game (thanks Kelly again for the amazing expansion packs). My only real issue is finding a comfortable way to play on the computer for long periods of time while lying down. Tricky tricky.

4. Kleen Kanteen
Attempting to stay uber hydrated and keep Ainsley out of trouble with a huge full water glass lying around has proved interesting. We've had more than a few spills as she's obsessed with drinking "by aself" from my, or anyone's, cup. I bought this a few months back and have loved it ever since. When Ainsley and I used to get out together (it feels like ages ago) I needed only bring this one water bottle instead of one for me and her as she could drink out of it with ease without making a huge mess. Now I just keep it filled and on the coffee table so if she does attempt to drink it or in my late pregnancy clumsiness I knock it over it's no big deal. Oh, AND I can actually drink from it while lying down, another big plus.

5. Peaches!
As I've been laying down all day eating is one of my new main hobbies and let me tell you it's HARD to be good, especially when a certain mother satiates a major chocolate craving by buying the HUGE bag of fun sized chocolate candy from Costco (thanks mom!). It's been equally hard to miss out on the farmers markets these past few weeks to oggle over the fresh produce. Thankfully my mom has kept our food supply in no short supply of amazing fresh fruit and I've been eating a TON. I've had my first few perfect peaches of the season, amazing blueberries and raspberries, cantaloupe and cherries. At least I'll be up and about for apple season!

6. My Mom
This month warrants an extra "thing loved". More than once Ian and I have looked at each other and said "how could we do this without her?" This being me lying on the couch, Ian still being able to go to work and Ainsley being kept occupied and happy. Simple, we couldn't. Even if Ian could take a leave of absence from work life would be vastly different and much more stressful without my mom here. She is Ainsley's new best friend, she cooks every night and keeps the house put together. Just having her here has given us both such piece of mind. Thanks mom!



3 comments:

  1. I am teary. And it's not just because I was directly referenced in this one. Yay for the lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ainsley's dress is adorable! Where is it from???

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was from Baby Gap last summer. It used to be dress but thank to our long and lean toddler she still fits into the 6-12 month size as a shirt. Haha, clearly didn't get my genes!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.