Monday, August 22, 2016

To the Cabin, and Beyond...

We had a wonderful weekend up at the cabin, despite how impossible it felt to get ready for it with my three precious yellers underfoot.  I'm glad we went!  I feel ready and excited for our last two weeks of summer (and REALLY ready for a schedule to start again!)

Aunt Jenny did the girls' hair one morning.  This was BEFORE Ainsley gave herself severe bangs and I cut both of the girls' hair shorter.


Back to school/birthday shoes!  I love 6pm, despite them having to try FOUR times to send me the right size and color of Ainsley's shoes. (I'm saving them for Christmas gifts, but STILL!!!) P.S. They have Ainsley's favorites from two years ago and I'm SO excited to give them to her this weekend.


Our walls are finally complete!  Well, there'll always be a little more to do, but this up the stairs photo wall felt like quite the accomplishment.  I used velcro fasteners to attach them to the wall so I didn't have to make a million holes.



Haha, now that above the couch artwork looks so dinky!  Love this view of the kids art wall through the front hall all the way to the living room.


End of summer play on hot days consists of dining benches being turned into stores stocked with everything in that room.  I bought an original art piece of Ainsley's and some stuffed animals for  a mere $1,250.00!


Trying on my new Norwegian sweater I found at the thrift shop for $25! (an notice our new oak park artwork framed behind me?!!!


The Itasca County Fair on the way home from the cabin.  Based on how excited the kids were for this, the State Fair on Friday is going to blow their mind!









Ian forgot his camera this trip but took a few more photos on his phone.  I'll have to steal some to show you next post.  The full moon off the dock was incredible!  AND I have no photos of the girls in their church musical they did last weekend.  They worked so hard and did so well.  It was a special weekend celebrating all their practicing!


Our youth director sent me this photo of Felix and I at the outdoor movie from last Wednesday (the girls were sitting with their 5th grade buddies on the other side of the lot). 
We feel so fortunate to have found a church home here that fits us so well.  The kids beg to go and want to do everything available to them.  I love that there are so many opportunities for fellowship and service.  It's made it feel so much like home here.

I know these next weeks are going to fly.  Louise turns 6 this Friday!!!! Right now all roads lead to that.  Ian is going to take off work on her birthday for a surprise trip to the State Fair.  Based on how excited they were about the Itasca County fair I think it's going to be a big success.

Other than that I'm scrambling this week to get everything done for Louise's birthday.  I have just a few things I'm hoping to make, but of course I waited too long.  It's been hard to find any time with all of my little people underfoot needing me ;o).

This week I'm looking forward to cooking healthy things in between all of the cabin and fair food we've been eating.  I'm so thankful for the garden still producing so much.  The tomatoes and zucchini continue to produce at ridiculous rates.  I'm already excited for the garden next year.  I've learned so much!

I know a lot of you have started school already or will next week.  Wishing us all smooth transitions and happy times this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.