Thursday, August 4, 2016

Ordinary Everyday

I've noticed lots of photo "challenges" going around facebook.  The one about spouses has been fun to see old photos of some of my favorite couples.  Of course if I ever tagged Ian in a spouse photo challenge he might crawl into a cave for the embarrassment.  Haha!  Plus we have about 7 photos of us together before we got married.  I know because I just looked for making prints for the new house. 

The ordinary everyday life challenge I can totally get behind though, especially in these first true dog days of summer.

With June and July so full and fast I really want August to be pretty free and open.  That means that I start my week with lots of time to fill with my little people.  Just the way I like it.

Admiring handiwork from the previous day when we made homemade model magic and shaped it into letters and decorated for the kids' rooms.


A typical morning, a show or two waking up in the sun before the day truly begins.


The girls' hiding from their brother at breakfast.  He's taken to chewing with his mouth SO WIDE OPEN just to bug us all.  It's hilarious (and so gross!)


Love turning that calendar page!


My mom is working her way through the grandkids with special dates for each.  Ainsley made an America Girl doll dress with her a bit ago and today was Louise's turn.  A morning trip to the Crayola Experience at the Mall of America and a special food court lunch.  She was in heaven declaring the best thing about her day was "just being with Grammy."


The start of two ordinary days with nothing on the docket but the usual housework for me.
When I got the library hours wrong AGAIN we rebooted and went to the closest school park, Scenic Heights.  I can see why they call it that!


This is where we ran into a tball teammate of Louise's.  They all had a ton of fun.  Thanks to the heat and sun they were pooped out by 9:45.  Time to reboot again!



I decided to take the scenic route to uptown.  We first stopped at the Jamba Juice located in the Whole Foods, then made our way to Lake Calhoun where the kids promised me they'd just dip their toes in.  Yeah right!!!





The sailboats and ducks and sandy bottom was perfection. Next time we're going with swim suits!

Later in the day when the library was actually open we went back and checked out 33 books.  Oops!  They had such fun though.




The next day I was dreading.  I had to return a jumpsuit I'd bought for and upcoming wedding cocktail party.  I don't like malls on the best of days, but with my three in tow I was sure it'd be disastrous.  It was not!  We parked as close to the store as we could, got the return done (and they only touched about 47 things in the store while I made the return!)  We walked over to the indoor playground but Ainsley (and almost Louise!) were too tall for it so I decided to splurge and buy them each a ride on a coin operated toy of their choosing.  It made their whole day.





After this I took the kids to the legit indoor playground at our gym.  They had a blast until Felix bit Ainsley because he thought she was attacking Louise so that was super delightful for us all.  But we made it home in one piece.  Felix actually napped so the girls and I got some sewing underway.  When Ian got home I went for a little walk to clear my head.  I made fried rice for dinner.  I always forget about fried rice.  It's such a good last minute use up the leftovers meal that the kids love.   The girls had their Irish dance class and Ian took Felix with them so I got an hour to myself.  I did some exercises while watching Friends, then showered in a quiet house.  All such luxuries.

Today it's storming, which I love.  I just need to fold laundry and clean a bit this morning to prepare for Ruth and Dan coming to watch the kids this weekend while Ian and I travel to Pittsburgh for a family wedding.

Today I'm thankful for another ordinary day with my three little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.