Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Louise is 6!

Louise Adele turned 6 on August 26th.  We celebrated with family the day of and friends the week after.











she drew me cooking!


Louise continues to surprise me.  I'll think I have her pegged and then she'll do something I completely don't expect (like bravely disposing of a dead bat in the cabin when mommy was having nothing to do with that and was going to wait for daddy to wake up from his nap) or when after being terrified of tubing earlier this summer overcame her fears and became a wild child behind the boat by the end of the summer.

This year her first grade teacher asked us to fill out some sheets about our children.  I loved doing that so much.  It's rare that I sit and reflect on each child individually.  She asked us what words we would use to describe our children.  I always think of sweet when I think of Louise, but as she grows there are other words that seem more fitting: observant, patient, kind, thoughtful, trustworthy/reliable, responsible.  She is very motivated by doing the "right" thing, and won't hesitate to stand up for what she thinks is right.  She takes such good care of herself and those around her.  
I love spending time with Louise. When we go out and do things just us it's the easiest ever.  She thrives on togetherness, loves being around her family.  We snuggle all the time and she's still the best couch nap buddy.
I love this age.  Such a great cross between sweet young thing and big capable kid.
I love watching the wonderful young lady that she's becoming.
We love you so much Louise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.