Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'm sitting here with Mr. Boo who's a bit under the weather.  He wants nothing more than to snuggle and sip on water and nibble on oatmeal squares.

It's been a really nice week.  My sister and family were in town this weekend and we had SO much fun.  The girls were so sad when baby Rory left.  We watch a video we took of them all giggling in the bath over and over.  It was a great time.

I have been really diving into my new knitting, which feels so good.  I knew I'd have to plow through the body of my new sweater or it would never get done.  The yarn I got for Felix's new cardigan is absolutely perfect.  It's all I can do not to cast on for that.

I didn't plan my meals well this week.  Mainly I neglected to look at the weather and plan for this three day heat up where soups and baked squash don't work quite so well.  So last night after piano we called in for pad thai.  It was ready by the time we arrived, we got home in tandem with Ian and were all fed and happy by 6pm.  That works almost too well.

Tonight I'm excited for potato leek soup, with leeks from the Farmer's Market.  I got an acorn squash there too this weekend and that all baked up with some butter and brown sugar and pecans sounds like the most amazing side dish.  I feel like I've found a better balance with meals these last few weeks, remembering to save the more elaborate meals for the weekends and planning quick simple dishes for the week.

After finally finishing the pre-packaged snacks I got from Costco to jumpstart the year we are onto the real deal.  I loaded up on dried fruit at TJs this week and we're off and running.  Their new favorite is a "trail mix".  Made with oatmeal squares cereal, yogurt raisins, banana chips and apricots.  My kids loves nuts for snacks and it's always an adjustment to the nut free snacks for school.  This is working well so far!  Oh, that and mini muffins.  This week it was pumpkin muffins from the mix at Trader joes.  They are so good and deliciously spiced.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.