Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fun Weekend in the Midst of Total Chaos

I guess I'm just going to start a backlog of posts here that I'll have to wait and post until after we make our move official.  Too much writing and thinking through to do to stop!
SO.  After a solid week of job accepting, house hunting, house getting, inspection finding, back and forth, packing, cleaning, sprucing etc etc etc I guess it all caught up to me.  I am on day 4 of some fever/chills/cough, headache, ouch all over my body in general, bug.  It's the worst possible timing.

I am so thankful for my mom coming in for a day last week to knock out some major cleaning and Dan here this weekend to help with the backyard and windows.  I was able to do a lot of decluttering and packing up before the bug hit, but still there is much to do, of course.  It's so very hard to just sit here and not be able to do much productive at all.  I have filled out the girls' new registration for school and can make some phone calls, LOTS of lists to make.  Goodness it's overwhelming.  Then I keep reminding myself that people do this all the time, that somehow it is going to work out.  That in three short weeks we will be at my parents and the girls will be starting at their new school and the next week Felix at his school. We can make it.  We must!

All this sick down time has given me too much time to think.  I am really mourning a lot of things.  I am sad to see this chapter of our life closing, but ready too.  I am sad to feel like we're missing out on fall, my FAVORITE season.  We didn't make it to an orchard this year, nor a pumpkin  patch, or the corn maze while we were in MN house hunting.  THOUGH! yesterday I'd had enough and while the chills shot up my legs and back and my head throbbed and went outside to scoop up some beautiful freshly fallen leaves and made the girls each a leaf rose, then made apple crisp for dinner.  I'm stubborn about celebrating fall.

I know there will be lots to do when we get to MN to celebrate too.  I am so excited for Thanksgiving and the EASE of just being there.  Though then there's that whole moving our furniture thing.  Oh it will get done right?  Right?!!!

Fast forward a few days, turns out I did have the flu.  I went to the doctor and got amazing cough syrup, a new inhaler, an antibiotic, and a shot of decongestant and within 12 hours I was a new woman.  Thank goodness for modern medicine, and husbands that make you go to the doctor.
The house should be on the market by this weekend.  It is so nervewracking to me, exciting too.  I am ready and the house is ready and I just pray it sells quickly and without ado.  Regardless I leave with the kids in just over two weeks.  It will feel odd to have our things here and us there, but I'm excited to be there and hope I can just relax a bit with all the littler details.  Though I keep thinking of things that I wish I hadn't packed like a knitting book for a new sweater for Felix, and the girls framed school photos (we got their new ones and they are just to precious!).  We'll find them all on the other side right?

This weekend we are planning to be out of the house as much as possible.  It makes showings a non issue and keeps me from thinking too much about the house selling.  Next week is going to be full with last play dates with friends.  So many lasts and finals going on these days.  It's hard and emotional.

We had a wonderful time out this weekend.  We spent Saturday down south visiting Ian's Uncle and Aunt and cousins in beautiful farmland.  We left early and got there in time to visit a pumpkin patch before our 1 o'clock date. Ian took more photos than I did, but we had a great time.
Sunday we went to the city first.  I still hadn't been to Maggie Daley Park so we went and it was pretty amazing.  Then we went up to a north shore mall to try and find Ian some new work pants.  FAIL at that but success at returning an online purchase for me and having a nice lunch out as a family.  Then we visited my grandma who's recovering from an infection in a care center.  We ran into my Aunt and Uncle there which felt wonderfully serendipitous.  It was nice to have such a full easy weekend in the midst of all this chaos.










Now the house in on the market and life has normalized in some strange way.  I can't believe how fast these three weeks are going.  One day at a time, one breath at a time some times.  It will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.