Sunday, August 16, 2015

Life Lately 8-16

I've been looking for meaning in every little thing in life lately.  Mistakenly adding a whole years worth of photos that I'd already documented to Louise's 5 year photo album just meant I needed a total rehaul of the book I guess.  The water heater leaking on the same day as a very important work day for Ian was a test to our resilience as a couple (one day after proclaiming how awesome we are at 8 years married all over Facebook).  Waking up with a UTI the day after all of that was an horribly uncomfortable way of me getting some rest I guess.  The kids fighting every dang minute of the day? Why clearly that's their way of pushing themselves out the door when school starts in 2 weeks, but that's pretty universal right?

This searching for meaning thing is making me completely exhausted.  We are still in a state of limbo about job future and place future and while I've mostly learned to Pollyanna the heck out of our situation it's still rather hard.  But if I can find a reason for all of this, for why it all has to feel so hard, well that makes it better somehow, still hard, but better.

Even with the hardness of late this summer has been such a gift.  We've had just the right mix of activity and laze.  I am so thankful for summer camp for the girls in June, our long Minnesota trip in July and our quick cabin getaway in August.  It all just broke up our at home time wonderfully.  Now when does school start again?

I feel like slowly I've found my way out of a fog and I'm mostly me again.  I'm sad to look at photos of myself over the last two years.  I don't recognize myself.  I look tired and puffy and bigger than I ever have.  I've really struggled to find energy and any time for myself.  I've tried to let that go feeling like I'm doing all I can, but that's not true.  I can find time and I think I'm finally in a place where I am strong enough to do it.  I'm giving myself three months to turn things around a bit.  I ordered some new home workouts for those rainy days (both literally and figuratively) and made a simple plan I can stick to for food.  Here's to feeling good.
(and seriously, how excited am I for a new Billy Blanks workout.  I used to do our old VHS in high school all the time.  AND a new Erin Obrien?!!!!)

I am also VERY excited for Louise's birthday.  We're having her home party the day before her actual birthday.  I found a fun craft idea at discount school supply and that coupled with a few tried and true birthday games and some fun food should fill up our party time well.

For gifts this year we're still a bit all over the place.  Whenever I asks her what she wants it's always different, and related to whatever she's excited about in that exact moment. I took this as a cue to run with it, go with my gut and enjoy getting my girl a few fun things I know she'll love.

Smore's Game

Stick on Earrings and Elephant Clip on Earrings from Claire's (It's my first time shopping there for one of my girls and it brought me back to childhood big time)

Cinderella nightgown and glass slippers from the disney store (bought way on sale earlier this summer...now they have the new live action cinderella gown, beautiful!)

Books! Too Much Birthday Five Minutes Peace and some early readers featuring her favorite Berenstain Bears

Last minute I added this Cat and Kittens toy to the basket.  My girl is in love with animals and stuffed loves and at the cabin the girls couldn't get enough of this mama turtle and baby set.  I think she'll love it.

An extra last minute was this Ed Emberley book and ink pad.  I wanted something crafty for her and was considering a yarn cork and book but I think this is more age appropriate and super fun.

All that girl wants on her real birthday is Pad Thai and another pink elephant cake.

I love my Louise.  I can't wait to celebrate her.

I'll try my best to get my camera out these last two weeks of summer.  Capture some of that hot faced fun we've been having.  I'm soaking it in, excited for the start of school and my favorite season just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.