Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend

The weekend is half done.  I'm up early with my three while the rain rolls in.  I really love weekend mornings, coffee in hand, bedheaded rested snuggly children, the whole day ahead to make.  It's lovely.

Yesterday was a whirlwind of fun.  We had our first big garage sale morning of the season.  We were all showered and dressed and out the door by 8 and only barely made it home in time to hit the road at 10:15 for my grandma's 80th birthday lunch up north.

The girls each had three dollars to spend.  IT's a good lesson in money management for them when they want to spend it all at the first stop and then are devastated when they don't have enough for that perfect treasure at stop 3 or 4.

I'm always so excited and relieved when we find great things.  Keeping little ones clothed and entertained can feel burdensome at times when everything is so expensive.  To find shoes, sweaters, dresses, skirts, tops, puzzles, new games, adorable practical rolling luggage even, at such tremendous deals feels like a small blessing.

I am particularly excited about finding this princess and the pea game I've been pining after for years, a checkers set (how have we not played checkers yet as a family?), and a phil and ted's double stroller (for $30!) for my sister.  I am seriously jealous about that stroller.  It's the exact one I wanted as a practical around the town double stroller when the girls were little.  Lucky duck.

After so much garage sale fun, lunch up north with family, and a backyard dinner at a neighbors we are all pretty spent today.  Louise has a birthday party this morning at a fun indoor playground.  I'm taking Ainsley too and Felix and Ian are going to run an errand or two.  This afternoon I'm looking forward to sewing a bit.  I finished Ainsley's skirt after FINALLY figuring out the pockets, and Louises' is close behind.  I'm eager to get the girls some new nightgowns going and perhaps a new summer dress or two.  This 80 degree weather we're having is bringing to light the thin summer wardrobe these girls have going.
I've also been inspired by these adorable hanna andersson dresses.  I may have to go out at some point this week and get some inexpensive tank tops to make into dresses with fun skirts for them.  Maybe.

Oh and teacher gifts and and end of the year parties and splash pads and pools opening.  Lots and lots of fun coming up.  Best get this rest day in while we can!
 I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.