Monday, May 4, 2015

Meal Plan Etc. 5/4

I just unpacked groceries for the week. I'd be super excited about how little I spent if it weren't for the gigantor Costco run I did on Friday.  It all evens out in the end!
This week is more of the same from last week.  We may end up going to get something to tide us over this weekend but I'm thinking we'll have enough to make it through!

Cottage Cheese bake and Fish with grilled zucchini
   never got around to making it last week

Veggie Lasagna
  I'm just going to through together.  Grated zucchini, carrot and finely chopped mushrooms sautéed with olive oil onions garlic and herbs, store-bought marinara, lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, cheddar and asiago mixture.  Should be good!

Steamed Potstickers and Broccoli
   A favorite quick meal, especially when dipped in soyaki

Hash and Eggs with Sautéed Spinach
   Sweet potatoes, and onions cooked low and slow until soft and caramelized, seasoned and topped with soft cooked eggs.  Another family favorite week night speciality.

Leftover Pizza Bake from Sunday night...it was good!

I also bought ingredients to make our first popsicles of the season.  We're having nice warm weather this week and the kids love them for snack.  First up are smashed berry coconut pops.  I just smash up defrosted berries, mix with coconut milk and a bit of whole milk yogurt, add some lemon or lime zest, pop into molds and freeze.  They are so so good.

Ooh, and after making tuna melts for lunch yesterday we're reminded of our love of tuna and I bought butter lettuce for us to make tuna lettuce wraps.

Yay food!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.